Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,souad. Welcome back. I guessed you were due back today. My, didn't that week fly by? So glad you managed to get the kaftans and that you got to the medina in Sousse. Quite an adventurous week. Sorry, I was the culprit who told you that Thomas Cook's did not weigh our handluggage. My apologies for that. What was the weather like?
Hi Digby,

The week flew by, I can't believe I am back. I had to go do a food shop when I got back, and I felt like I was dreaming with all the crowds here. :cry

No need to apologise about Thomas cook airlines, I am not a lucky person, so stuff happens.

When I was in Sousse, I went to the medina every day, and combined it with lunch at Ben's restaurant. :D

It wasn't tee shirt weather in Sousse. I wore long cotton or linen tops, and some days had to go out with my coat on. Some of the local tunisians had scarves,hats,gloves etc. I didn't think it was that cold.

It was a lot warmer on Friday in Mahdia, with Jenny and Frank. :D
Wow Souad you done so much in your week . I also wanted to do and see everything but soon realised that a week is not enough, the Kaftans are gorgeous, will come in handy for next years holidays and even in this country when the weather is warmer , did you buy the long or short ones i chose the shorter length so i could wear over linen trousers , for the evenings or even over swimwear the longer length were too long for me as i'm only a shorty. digby i have been looking at prices for next winter October time as i work in school, and have to have school hols, thomas cook prices are not too bad, we have Crete booked for next summer, my hubby doesn't get as many holidays as i do so we have to be careful with what we book , but watch this space another trip might be on the cards
Hi Lindy,

Yes, I am glad I got to do the excursions while I was there. I could have spent a whole day in the Bardo museum, and at Carthage. They felt like whistle stop tours. Next time I will do things at my leisure. I bought long kaftans, with a hood at the back, in wool. They are very warm, I wore one over jeans yesterday on my way back. I am five five, and they are still long for me :really . In fact I am going to have some taken up.
That Ben's restaurant sounds popular. Any tips on how to find it please.

Thanks,

Pete
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.