Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Yes, there's a supermarket not more than about 100 yds from the hotel along the main road. Incidentally are you staying at the Marhaba Beach (as in your heading) or Marhaba Club? They are in the same complex, along with the Marhaba. I stayed in the Beach last October and the other two in the past, In my opinion the Beach is the nicest and the food is lovely.
We haev booked the Hotel Marhaba with Thomas Cook, it is in between the Marhaba Club and Marhaba Beach I think.....they all look nice.....any advice, tips and things to do would be great, many thanks

Linda
Hia Linda, me and son stayed in the Marhaba Club last year, and loved it, I would defo go back to Tunisia.
As Aslemma, said, there is a shop on the main road, if you go through the Marhaba Beach and walk out the main entrance onto the main road there is a little shop there.
How old are your kids ? the entertainment, is around the Marhaba Beach, and the animation team work their socks of from morning till night. We tipped the guy, who got the sunbeds out, and he always saved us a bed in the same spot for the rest of the holiday :sun2.
Last year was our 1st time in Tunisia, and people said its either a place you love or hate, I would go back tomorrow if I could, and keeping checking travel websites to see if its in my price range, hahaha.
Breakfasts do get a bit repeatative, (but we never went hungry) and the cakes of a evening meal were so scrummy :) I found Tunisia to be so cheap aswell :) If you look through postings, I did a posting last yr asking questions re Marhaba Club, so have a browse through forum and you will find it.
I am sure if you have any more questions, people will be more than willing to leave a response :) Ohhhhhhh another thing, if it is your 1st time in Tunisia, when you leave the airport a porter will come and take your suitcaes to your coach, for a tip, we never had no dinars, so just gave him a 2 pound tip, which he accepted.
Have I babbled on enough, hehehe.

Roo
Thank you very much for your reply....I am feeling much better about booking the holiday. My children are 8 and 12, husband 42 buts acts 6!!!!!!!!! We love the pool, the beach and exploring so we thought this place looked just right. We are not night owls and enjoy sitting around watchig the kids make new friends.......

The beach looks so fab, this is the main reason we chose it. Half board just means finding somewhere to eat is not a problem, we are all open to eat anything, not a fussy lot. We were quite confused as to where we are actually staying but Thomas Cook have told us it is the Marhaba, which I believe is next to Marhaba Club, Marhaba Beach and Tour Khalef, all of the facilites are open to all.

Looking forward to holiday, 2 weeks in Turkey to get out of the way first.

Many thanks
Hia Linda, just a quick reply b4 I go and do me mumsie duties, and get tea ready :) All the hotels, especially the Marhaba, Marhaba, Club and Beach are practically seconds away from one another, the Tour khalef is the furthest away which is a 3 min walk if that, the beaches are fab, and just a short walk through any of the hotel grounds, beware of the jelly fish though in the sea, although if you do get stung, the sting goes in a matter of seconds.
Better get of here, otherwise I will go on for England, lol.

Roo
Regarding porters at the airport - an even better idea is to hang on to your cases and save yourself a few dinars. :rofl

Regarding jellyfish - I've never been stung but apparently if you rub the place with a raw tomato it works a treat.

It's a bit of an up-hill climb to the road from the Marhaba Beach but if you cut round past the swimming pool and through the Marhaba next door it's a lot easier.
i stayed in the main building last year the royal. nothing royal about it in my opinion. staff ripped us off left right and centre. even when it came to changing money in hotel. they took 2 dinars out per £20 into his own pocket.

food was ok, same for breakfast every day, didnt mind that cos i love salad

place was run down rooms not very good.when we got there. we had 4 rooms before we decided on the best of a bad bunch.

good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.