Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Sorry you had such a disappointing time at the Marhaba Mark. I've stayed there a couple of times and also in the Marhaba Club in the past and found them OK but I'm staying in the Marhaba Beach next door next month so I'll see what that's like. Incidentally, when I was there they were putting new lifts in at the Marhaba - are they finished yet? For the past few years I've gone d.i.y so cut out the tour operator. which often works out cheaper. May I ask you to try and find time to put a review of the hotel on here as they are very useful.

The Medina is quite an experience. It is no good saying your partner should have bartered harder, or even had a look at other stalls before parting with her money as we can all make these sort of mistakes. This forum does try to prepare first timers for some of the pitfalls but sometimes you have to experience it for yourself to see what we mean. :roll: I'm glad though that you had good weather and came home with a tan, also that you obviously don't tar all Tunisians with the same brush as there are indeed some very nice people out there.
Thanks so much for writing your hotel review Mark.
Hia Mark, sorry to hear you had a dissapointing holiday :(
Me and son stayed in the Marhaba Club, room was basic, but the view done it for me, luckily we had a fantastic view right over the sea :) we never actually went to the medina, heard to many stories from people who had been, I personally would go back and stay in the Marhaba complex, I found it the most relaxing holiday I have had in a long time (but maybe coz so much has gone on in my personal life, and I just wanted relaxtion) I think I would also buy cereal next time for breakfast though lol.
Aslemma, yes the lift was in good working order in the Marhaba when we were there, son mated up with a lad staying in the Marhaba and they used the lift :)
Will pop a review on when I get a spare 15 mins.

Roo :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.