Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi mrspodington,

I'm going to leave your entertainment/restaurant questions for people who have been to Sunny Beach more recently than myself.

1. £600 should be more than enough for 1 week.

2. Any place in the world where people gather and are likely to be off-guard because they are enjoying themselves is a potential source of income for petty thieves such as pickpockets - things like beach resorts/race meetings/carnivals, etc., in the UK are just as likely to have as many pickpockets as Sunny Beach, if not more.

Take sensible precautions such as carrying no more cash than you need for the day/trip and hire a safe deposit box at your accommodation to store your passport, cash & other valuables.

3. As far as personal safety is concerned, from my experience, you will feel and in fact be much safer in Bulgaria than most places in the UK.

Baldur
Hi Mrspodington, For evening entertainment a must see is KHAN'S TENT, Show consisting of a live group, singing, dancers ,juggling etc.
a meal with wine is included in the price. Excellent night out. ( see your rep)
Another show is held in the Briz Village. This is a restaurant right on the sea front not far from the Chaika Beach Hotel. You do not have to eat there, drinks will suffice and it is free to get in. Local Bulgarian dancing etc and at the end there is a display of "firewalking" in the pit.
Decent restaurants last year included DJANNEYS ( market area), Malina's and Jupiter opposite where all the street artists sit ( opposite KUBAN HOTEL ).
Best advice is to try different ones then pick your favourite, luckily we haven't been disappointed yet.

8) The Toonman
well you have advice from two of very knowledgable members. I just thought I would add- welcome to ht!
Hi and thanks for the rapid responses feel a little easier about going now guess its just a case of keeping your wits about you.

kahns tent sounds like just what i am looking for so we will certainly give it a go and hopefully we will discover some of our own favorite places too.

only only 8 days to go cant wait. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.