Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hello Dawnie-Rob,

I have not actually stayed in La Pineda myself so can't really offer any advice on this particular area.

What I can suggest is visiting the following website and clicking on the 'Message Board' link. This site is used by locals and holidaymakers alike and contains lots of info on the areas of La Pineda, Cap Salou, Salou & Cambrils.

http://www.salou.co.uk/PagesUK/indexUK.html

Have a restful time :cheers
:wave: hi dawnie-rob

stopped at donaire park a couple of times but not for a while. bus stops just outside hotel good service. bus ride to tarragona is worth a day out,lovely place. buses into salou regular and cheap,but check on time last bus back to pineda. cannot remember any particular bar in pineda but there are quite a few. as i said it is quite a while since we were there so it is probably a bit more commercial now. went to salou sept 2007 had a great time plenty to do,and saw no trouble.

hope you have a good time.

regards percy. :sun2
Hi there
Thank you for the advice and suggestions

Dawnie-Rob
Don't worry too much about Reus Airport.
It would probably be best described as similar to an English "provincial" airport. i.e not geared up to handling masses of travellers.

One or two flights at a time it's OK. Not sure what it would be like at a busy time.

I think this time of year it will be pretty quiet.

I think you will enjoy the Donaire Park. Stayed there a while back and enjoyed it. You may well find La Pineada pretty quiet as well this time of year, but as stated elswhere Salou is within easy reach by bus.

A day trip to Barcelona is also worth considering.

See the separate thread abot travelling there for a few tips
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.