Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Just returned from here on 23rd July.

I ve stayed in the Donaire 4 times over the last 8 years or so, and its a great hotel. The girls in the Thomson kids club are very good with the kids. The hotels animation team are good. The food is also above par. They still have the same staff there since I started going there from the beginning.

La pineda is quieter than Salou, but still lots of things to do and see. If the hotel was any closer to the beach you would be in the sea.

Its only about 10/15 mins into Salou on the excellent bus service, and the same to Tarragonna which is a lovely town with roman ruins.

Further afield you can get the train/bus to Barcelona for the day.

La pineda itself has lots of good restaurants if you want to eat out, and a few bars including a couple of Irish bars.

It has a long boardwalk which is nice to walk along in the evening

The beach bar behind the first beach bar outside the hote(did that make sense?)l is very good with reasonable prices, and is open very late.

I liked this hotel and La Pineda because it was quieter and not so rowdy as Salou, but you could go in and out of Salou as you wished.

And of course you have Portaventure park too with its new Sesame st themed park for young kids.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

:)
Brilliant, cheers for that.
We aren't after somewhere dead busy, but busy enough like, so this sounds spot on.

A trip to Barcelona is definately on the cards but as long as theres enough about in La Pineda/Salou we should be fine.

Ta for the info on the hotel too, alot of it is pot luck when choosing a hotel but from most reviews it seems it will be sound. The location is a massive plus aswell, it looks great!
We stayed there two years back on a self book holiday and were very impressed.

Hotel was lovely - right on the beach and only 20mins from airport. The kids club seemed to do a good job with the kiddies and the animation team worked hard in the evenings.

Food was excellent. Even the pickiest of eaters would find something they liked

La Pineda is a great resort for young families as the beach is huge and sandy and the town its self is very flat with long wide boardwalk so easy with the buggy ( if taking)

A few bars to go to and a lot of wee tourists stalls and shops.

Great bus service to just about anywhere. We went to the sunday market, into Salou, down to Tarragona and into Barcelona by bus with no problems ( bus stops outside hotel)

A nice resort for families and couples who dont want all night clubs and bars
Cheers suki2464, looks like it ticks all the boxes..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.