Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Louise,been to most islands in the Canaries,they all have strong and weak points,Lanzarotes weak point is things to occupy a child,on the other hand Tenerife has masses of attractions for children a few quite suitable for adults as well transport costs are negligable as bus travel is efficient andcheap especially if you purchase a bono pass whereby the further you travel the bigger the discount I feel that a ten year old and parents would enjoy tenerife, would reccomend Los Cristianos as a base as it has a good choice of accomodation for every pocket,hope you find this useful Bill :cheers
  • Edited by buscador 2010-07-20 23:11:14
There are loads of things on Lanzarote for ten year olds.

The yellow submarine.
Rancho Texas zoo park
Guinate park
Cuevas de Los verdes with it's surprise at the end.
Sweet Karoline sailing trip.
The national park.
The volcanoes visitor centre on the way to Mancha Blanca on the road through the national park.
Glass bottom boat trips.
The water park.
The golf course and driving range.
The Aquariium in Costa Teguise.
The Dolphin Museum in Puerto Calero.
10 pin bowling at Marina Rubicon.

Not to mention the various kids clubs in the various hotels and the various mini golf centres, pedalo hire, banana boat trips, snorkelling lessons, diving lessons.

Tons, in fact.
thanks to both of you for your replies they have both been very helpful. We had considered Tenerife as well so it gives us some options to consider. Thanks for taking the time to reply :) (apologies if my reply looks messy as I am accessing the net on my phone) Louise :cheers
Buscador, it seems to me you are talking Lanzarote down, as RobertK has listed there are more that enough things to do here
and even a two week holiday would not have exhausted all the options. Regarding the weather, Jan-March can be good/bad cloud wise it all seems to depend what the weather in the Atlantic is doing. It certainly won't rain for days on end but you may see some. It's more likely to be wet on Tenerife than Lanzarote, Tenerife being futher out into the Atlantic while Lanzarote is off the Morrocan coast.

enjoy where ever you end up.

cheers
Keith
Sorry folks did not intend to upset anybody,you see I have two ten year old grandsons and I know where they would rather be, personally I prefer lanzarote to any other canary island, was thinking about the bairn thats all once again sorry BILL :whoops
No worries buscador, I just get fed up with meeting people who don't want to explore the island (etc)and then say they are bored or there's nothing to do. :think

cheers
Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.