Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Mitchellclr,

I would say pretty much everything will be open by the 1st May. From what I can gather most places in Salou are already open now.

Your apartment block is located inbetween Cambrils & Salou in a quiet area.

Cambrils is quite an upmarket town and although it does have some nightlife, for Karaoke bars, disco bars etc. you'll really have to head for the tourist area of Salou which is a ten minute bus ride from your complex.

The buses are frequent with regular stops and are much cheaper than taking a taxi (although you'll probably want to do that on the way home after a few San Miguels :cheers )

Not a karaoke fan myself but the Lazy Wave & Robin Hood in Salou are very close to each other and offer Karaoke, I'm sure there are others that offer Karaoke on different days of the week but these two offer Karaoke 7 days a week, Robin Hood is normally the busier of the two.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Mark :sun2
Thankyou very much Mark.... im not much of a kareoke fan myself, unless ive had 1 too many :D ...its more my daughters thing ;)
what about boat trips etc, can we do theses from cambrills, or would we need to go into salou... im assuming there are boat trips? ;) do you know how far our appartments are from the beach? ive read some reviews where it says they are on the beach, and others that say its a 5-10 minit walk... :think

clare x
Hi Clare,

There are a couple of the usual boat trips that pull into both cambrils and Salou marinas and I think they go as far as Tarragona City to the north.

For me the best trip is the Catamarann Sailing boat from Cambrils - its not dear and you can include for meals (Tapas) and drink for a little extra !

I wouldn't worry bout whats open too much,...if its like last year May will be relatively quiet, but a good few pubs and resturants will be open.

Best of luck with your hols,

Tom
Thankyou Tom... im assuming we would go down to the harbour/beachfront to book these boat trips?

clare. x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.