Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Cheers Briar, thanks for the steer.

I'm mostly on the Goa Forum where there's a bit more 'traffic.'
I would say at a quess if your flying to sharm on a b + b basis you would most likely end uip in Naarm bay as that is where most of the B + Bs are . those on the outskits of sharm are mostly A/I.
Why not take the local currency with you - no need then to have to look for ATM's on arrrival!
I was wondering whether to get some EGP here in UK before we go in Feb.I see the exchange rate is one of those big ones where you get loads of (monopoly type!!) money! £10.00 = 97.99EGP!! I'll have to be careful when working it out !
Also is it best to get the visa at the airport?I expect Thos Cook will advise? :?
When i was in Sharm, i actually found that the Egyptians prefer Sterling and US Dollars to their own egyptian pounds. i think that is why the exchange rate for them is so poor out there.

:D
bbntt
take sterling its widely accepted ,if your going a/i you won't need local money for the first few days anyway ,if tipping in hotel or airport they prefer u.k £1 coins anyway .,remember a pound tip is sod all to us but its a tenth of there normal weekly wage to them
Also is it best to get the visa at the airport?

Yes get your visa at the airport, hand over a £10 note (English Sterling only) per person with your passports, very quick and easy.
Hi there are lots of places that have vegetariian options. Try Tam Tams which serves traditional Egyptian food on the prom in Naama bay, also try Abou El Sid in Naama bay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.