Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Haven't been there yet, but as well as Namma Bay, their is also 'Old Sharm' that you can visit. I think it's a bit more traditional than NB. If you can find the hotel map that carrot posted you can see where it's located in relation to where you are staying.

There is also a place called Fantasia (or alif leiha wallia leiha) which has a show and some restaurants and shops, it's at Habada. Only know this as my hotel for April is at Habada and i've been researching, so can't recommend personally.
Sharm shops and Bazaars do not open until lunchtime as a rule, apart from food shops and coffee shops.

In the months from April onwards you will need a shady spot, as it is so bright and sunny (and tiring). Old Sharm is the same, it's a bit more industrial, with a few warehouses with t shirts in, and a couple of super markets, plus the usual arabic coffee shops and tourist souvenir shops.

80% of people are in resorts/hotels apartmetns during the day. Nightime everyone is on the move. It's quite good to go out about 4.00 for a snack and do a bit of shopping, stay out for dinner and go back to hotels 10-11 if you are not a late night person. Everyhting is egypt -time- laid back and relaxed.
I think in the day do a few excursions, but if not i think i'll be lousing about trying to get a good tan. But not plan to go Narma Bay a few times or relax in the complex.
For Sharm read Naama Bay

The morning is dead as the shops / restaurants don't open
the only real activity is at the harbour with all the boat trips for scuba and snorkelling
otherwise evryone is either on the "beach"getting red/brown or in bed

After the sun sets Naama really comes alive with bars / restaurants etc
Thanks for all the info guys.
However, we have decided to go to El Guna instead.
Thank you all anyway!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.