Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
First Time
3 Posts
DARRENE wrote:

Compared to Tenerife (Not Veronicas Area) would Lanzarote be too quiet ?
What part of Lanzarote is the liveliest ?
Any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels close to whats going on ?

Depends when you are going. Puerto Del Carmen is the biggest, busiest and liveliest resort and that's pretty much all year round. Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise are smaller resorts and during the winter can be fairly quiet outside of the Xmas/New Year period.
Hotels... Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise tend to be the larger 4/5* star hotels, most fairly close to the action but pricey. These two resorts have, in my opinion, the best beaches. Puerto Del Carmen has several nice hotels in the town centre (old harbour area) but again 4/5*. Less expensive hotels are at the top of a steep hill running up from the harbour, maybe 15-20 mins walk but be very fit. Some others way out on the edge of the resort at Matagorda/Los Pocillos, not recommended if you want to be close to the action. There are many ApartHotels in the resort, where you can self-cater or eat in the restaurant. Google... "hotels in puerto del carmen". A large beach right in the town centre but is can be a bit exposed and windswept at times.
For many years we went to Puerto Del Carmen, then for two years to Playa Blanca. This year we are returning to PDC as all round we think it has the best balance of facilities. There is a regular bus service to the other resorts if you want to visit.
I would agree with the above, Puerto del Carmen is the liveliest of the resorts and the only one with what I suppose could be described as a Strip running along the seafront with restaurants, cafes and bars, but it is pleasant and nt an in your face type of place. There is more variety of accommodation, from small apartment blocks to big hotels.Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca are also nice, but in a more spread out kind of way. We have stayed in PDC and Costa Teguise and would be happy to return to both. In CT we were in an aparthotel on the outskirts of the resort, but we still managed to walk into more or less the centre of the resort in twenty minutes. There seem to be a lot of three and four star aparthotels in CD. If you want a 4or 5 star conventional hotel you may be better off looking in Playa Blanca or PDC.

The island is small and if you hire a car you can travel about between the three resorts easily. We felt the beaches all over the island were good.

Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.