Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
First time
14 Posts
Hi Spinner

I personally wouldnt go AI anywhere thats because we dont like being tied to one hotel/resort, we like to try different bar/restaurants and have found the some AI are out of the main resort which main hotels shuttle bus or paying for taxi etc.

Eating and drinking in Goa is very cheap. Not sure if this help, I'm sure other HT's will advise as well

dont bother with your snorkel gear though its nothing like sharm :wink:

Jules
B&B everytime. Food and drink are very cheap and there are lots of great restaurants and shack to eat and drink at.
Why stay around the hotel all day, go out and about and enjoy yourself.
:D :D
Hi Spinner,

Definately no! It's way too cheap to eat out and such a variety to choose from you would be missing a great chunk of the Goan experience if you did go AI.

Regards Arl
Thanks for your replies

MMmm fairly conclusive then so far....B&B streaks ahead! :D
I think up North its a favourite to go B & B, but where we go in the South its a lot quieter, in fact there is only one shack on the beach near where we stay so it suits us to go AI. That doesnt stop us from going out in the evening by taxi though and as everyone has said its so cheap we get the best of both worlds. I think whatever you choose to do you will love Goa.

Sue
If going north it has to be BandB,everywhere is so cheap and you will experience so much more than sticking to your hotel.
hi spinner
we have been to sharm three times and would only go a/i. we do go out into town a few nights for a meal for a change but i agree a/i is definately better value.we have been to goa ,north,three times and would definately only go bb.the hotel food is ok but it is far better and cheaper outside and there is sooo much choice! the shacks are absolutely brilliant and are as good as most of the restaurants.ate in them every day and didn't have bad tum once.good tip- take some anti-bacterial hand gel and use it at every meal time.it seems to work for us
hi susansh
where abouts did you go up south? we are thinking about going south next year but i thought there were quite a few shacks there. we were thinking of cavellosim or benualim thanks
sue
Hi BB, Cavelossim have plenty of shacks and restaurants, really no need to go AI, in-fact it would be a crime to as there are so many gorgeous places to eat.
Yep we stay south too and would chose b and b everytime :)
thanks elliebee and tightjock- i agree we'd never go a/i to goa -what a waste!we went bb in feb and when we went out in the morning there were a handful of guests already on the sunbeds and they were still there when we came back!
B&B everytime, the food is so cheap and there's so much variety it would be a shame not to sample it all, plus the food in the hotel we stayed in was not very good.
Hi Sue (bushbaby)

We stay at the Heritage Hotel on Arrosim beach. There is only one shack at the bottom of the road to the beach, Anthony's Starfish, it is really lovely. Also this year as you come out of the hotel and head towards the village there is a new little restaurant called Yummies which is really nice. We also take a walk along the beach probably takes about 45 minutes and have lunch in Zeebogs (not sure I have spelt that right). I think the nearer you get to Colva beach there are a few more shacks. What we tend to do is get a taxi in the evening and go to the Pentagon and Michael's corner which are really lovely restaurant's. We just like it there because the people are so lovely and it is just a great relaxing, chilled out holiday.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.