Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ovacik is a very good place to start as you've got Hisaronu, Olu Deniz and Fethiye on your doorstep, a little further away you've got Kalkan. There is the Ghost Village just outside Hisaronu. The other side of Fethiye, on the way to Kalkan you will find Saklikent Gorge. Fethiye has a superb weekly market and whilst you are there, take a walk round the harbour.

Les
bobbydb52,

You might find member Resort Reports and Hotel Reviews useful.

Darren
Ovacik is lovely and a good base as has been said, I like it so much I'm moving there!
We spent a week in between Ovacik & Hisaronu this year, but wish we'd stayed down the road in Olu Deniz. Stayed in a few different places in Turkey, and in our opinion Hisaronu/Ovacik not the best of resorts, but thats only our opinion, everyones different.
If you scroll back through the Turkey Discussion to October 5th, 2008, you will find the topic Restaurants in Hisaronu. Hisaronu was the first resort we stayed in and we've been back on a visit once whilst staying in Kalkan and have stayed in Ovacik since that visit. Ovacik is a quiet area but if you want a little more lively, then Hisaronu is only a short walk away.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.