Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cheers tightjock, I'd been into Waterstones a few times and they only had general books. Hadn't thought of Amazon, cheers :)
Hi Salford

If you browse through the many threads you will find plenty of information on all of you queries. :)
SteveM thanks for your reply, I have been through the many threads over the last year since booking the holiday.

Just wondered if people would be so kind as to post there must do's / see's.
Hi Salford,

Funny you should mention guide books. The Rough Guide to Goa 2007 edition is out on the 4th October and I bought mine this morning through the Waterstones website.

I like both the Rough Guides and the Footprint guides.

Sheila.
Hi Salford,
Funny you should mention guide books. The Rough Guide to Goa 2007 edition is out on the 4th October and I bought mine this morning through the Waterstones website.

I like both the Rough Guides and the Footprint guides.

Sheila.

Nice one, might get hold of a copy of that then :) Personally I like "Eyewitness Travel Guides" But have only used them in countries / cities around Europe.

Hi tightjock, we are staying in Candolim.

Cheers for the link, even though it is in the South, sounds good.
In Old Goa you must see St Francis Xavier's mummified body at Bom Jesus.
Just across the road is the Se Cathedral which has the largest chuch bell in Asia.

In Panjim at the national museum near the bus station, they have the original Inquisition Table used by the Portuguese in Goa.
Also in Panjim you must go on one of the Sunset Cruises - they are a hoot. Go on the one that most locals are going on - they have a great time once the music starts.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000485a.jpg

Obviously the makets - Anjuna, Mapsua and Ingo's Saturday night market.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000413a.jpg
Take a taxi or rent a scooter and get up to some of the northern beaches Morjim, Aswen, Arambol and Tiracol Fort on the border.
Tiracol is a great spot to have a lunch.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000387.jpg
Thanks Max, wow what a photo that is as well :)

Cheers
This is from what I have gathered from people's postings on this site over the years...

Betty's Boat ride (dolphin watching etc)
Go-karting near Arpora
Dudh-sagar water falls
Spice plantations
Jungle book experince
Anjuna flea market
Etc etc.....

Aj.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.