Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Eek, many questions, but you'll have a great time. Do book your first night in Bangkok. And possibly a one way transfer from the airport (about £8-£10 - well worth it if you don't know Bangkok). The rest you should be able to sort out as you travel, with suggestions of hotels from fellow travellers.

Why one night in Bangkok? I'd add an extra night or two as it's worth seeing, or otherwise connect straight down to Phuket.

You are travelling over Easter, so don't expect to get flight tickets on the day. It's cheaper to book in advance with Air Asia. Or do it by train when you get. Much more of an (eco) adventure! More interesting people on trains as well.

Phuket region offers Khao Lak & Krabi for great other beaches as well as the islands (try Rai Lei Beach off Krabi - stunning beach, lots of backpacker places). And for the islands Koh Lanta & Phi Phi (I'd go to Lanta to be honest). Also you have Khao Sok National Park for a bit of jungle trekking very nearby. No real need to go to Koh Samui.

£200 a week seems fine / plenty (as long as you don't get co-erced into visiting any gem factories!) for accommodation, food, booze & travel (if going by train especially), but take more if you can obviously. I spent 3 months in Thailand on $10 a day for all the above :shock: But that was in 1994, and I couldn't afford many beers on that budget!
As Travelling Sam says you can see the Thai sights by train also its much cheaper than flying, normaly you pay for the hotel room breakfast included, no single supliment. look here for hotel :-
http://www.res24.co.uk/?p=hotels.thaivisa.com
Maybe Holiday Truths has their own list,
if so please delete Mod's, sorry :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.