Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello Champ
Sorry I cannot offer any advice on where to fish but I can tell you that you do not need to worry about a license as a tourist. I too am a keen fly fisherman and would also look forward to hearing from any one with advice on fishing in Turkey. I would be interested in fishing locations near Marmaris especially has any one fished the river at Akyaka it looks great but I believe it's in a protected nature reserve.
I'm going to pack my fly rod, secretly in the case. We're at Dalyan witha superb mountain river. I've taken it all over on my travels in Europe but I have to say that Argentina was.... just the best ever. The Brown Trout there are directly related to the Loch Lomond Trout as taken abroad by settlers. They are seriously huge. However, I digress. I'd also like to have a go at sea fishing as well.
personally i like the fishing home here in Norway best , still havent been anywhere where the fishing is as good as it is right here at home, but the fun part is allso to try out new places, and somewhere warm and nice , fishing is good here but we miss the "heat" 30 degrees and allmost free beer :-)

Where is Dalyan ?
i have heard that troutfishing is suppose to be good in some of the rivers over there, but there is not much information to find about this.
Champ, Dalyan is about 20 minutes from Dalaman airport. I will let you know how my fishing goes when we return from Icmeler in early May.
where is dalaman airport then ?
and i really look farward to hear a report on how your fishing whent :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.