Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We also go in 5 weeks, can't wait :clap You will be able to get a taxi at the airport, there are 2 taxi booths, one on the left just inside the exit doors and one in front of you after you come out of the doors. They have fixed prices listed, I know it's 675 rps to Candolim, Baga will be a bit more. Don't forget to tell the rep that you won't be getting the transfer bus so that they are not waiting for you. Most hotels will cater for non residents so dining shouldn't be a problem.

I can't help with your questions on the flight or the trip but I am sure someone will be along shortly to deal with those. ;)
Jungle Book trip can be booked through "Daytrippers", they have a good reputation amongst HT'ers.
Have a great holiday, GFF xx
Did the jungle book trip through Eddie at Daytrippers about 2 years ago! Absolutely excellent! Had a brilliant time, and everything was organised to perfection!
thanks for the info everyone
We arrive on Easter Day can we expect big celebrations.....or will everything be shut!
We where told by most locals that due to the number of charter flights from both UK and Russia being cancelled late March most shacks would be closing around that time.
Is the jungle book excursion over night or can you do day trips. I absolutely really want to go see the elephants and get soaked by them haha! only thing is my partner could only get a week off and where gutted but where trying to get so much into one week!lol Also does anyone know if the dolphin spotting is any good? Do you actually see anything? :cheers
Bigbaddad, I hope this is not the case! I was in south goa a few weeks ago with work and loved it! I was expecting te shacks to be the same, hope they all wont be closing, im going on my jollies 23-31st march?? :sun2
i would expect them all to be open until every drip of money has been taken considering the inflated prices we all pay compared to the locals (not having a dig before anyone says but there not daft )
and i'll see you there 11th april i presume first choice from manchester ????
:wave:
Hi yes none residents can use hotel Santiago, we stay next door at annetts beach apts and have a meal
there from time to time, its 40deg here at the moment and a bit humid,
have a good one
i would expect them all to be open until every drip of money has been taken considering the inflated prices we all pay compared to the locals (not having a dig before anyone says but there not daft )
and i'll see you there 11th april i presume first choice from manchester ????

Agree.They will be open till the last rupee has been made.

Papa
Mr Frostie what hotel did your friend book in the end ?
Hi Dave's wife! Our friend booked a package with Thomas Cook staying at the Dormhouse! for £405 -Needless to say he won't be staying at the Dormhouse but that was cheaper than booking just the flight. He has booked a room at Colonia de Braganza Resort for £75 so I think he did quite well! Also it looks close to us at The Santiago and he is on the same flight as us!- 22 sleeps to go!!!! :)
We stayed next door to Colonia de Braganza.It is certainly in the heart of the action and your friends will not have to worry about places closing anywhere near there.Right in the middle of crazy Calangute with some excellent restaurants close by.Hope you all have a great time.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.