Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I can assure you that this flight did not leave Aberdeen until very late, it arrived in Palma at 2.30am in the morning, so would have leaft about midnight from Aberdeen, we then boarded that flight after we saw the Aberdeen passengers get off the flight upon arrival.

Claire
The lateness was probably due to industrial action by French and Spanish air traffic controllers who were on strike on Wed 21 July ... which had a knock-on effect on airspace all over Europe.
The lateness was due to Monarch airlines, having a plane short due to technical problems, all the passengers were issued with a letter at check in about this.

Claire
Alsacienne wrote:
The lateness was probably due to industrial action by French and Spanish air traffic controllers who were on strike on Wed 21 July ... which had a knock-on effect on airspace all over Europe.

The flight in question was a thursday flight. Last week.

missycls wrote:
I can assure you that this flight did not leave Aberdeen until very late, it arrived in Palma at 2.30am in the morning, so would have leaft about midnight from Aberdeen,
Claire

From the timetable on the thomson website it was a 3hr flight and then landing at 2:30am CET I assume, means it must have left at/before or shortly after 10:30pm.
To the OP and Claire

Your potential dispute lies with the operating airline (which flew you, Air Europa/Monarch etc) and not with the tour operator. If you kept receipts for food purchased during the delay then copies of these should be forwarded to the airline with a claim letter. Quote your rights under Article 9 Right to Care under regulation EC 261/2004.

You also have a potential claim under the same Regulation for compensation of 400 euros per passenger for delay in arriving at your destination (notwithstanding your luggage claim) which was backed by the Sturgeon judgement in the ECJ last November. You would have to take the airline to small claims court to recover this compensation, however.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.