Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
How many nights does it say on your booking confirmation? For a 05,45 flight you will be leaving resort between 12:00 and 01:00 so you may not have that night booked and may be expected to vacate your room at 12:00 noon, I always book an extra night to guarantee my room. If you are not sure I would ask them via email and not telephone, print out their answer and take it with you.

I can't help with the transfer as I am not sure how Travel Republic operate.

Dave
We used Travel Republic transfers on a trip to Portugal in March 2010. Just before we went they sent details of our transfer and gave us clear directions of what to do when we landed at Faro airport (directions to get to their desk etc). We found this easily and were then given our bus number. No problems at all.

I am sure procedures will be the same for Dalaman.
Hello Dingdong
We used Travel Republic twice to go to Ovacik via Dalaman, Im sure they gave us a voucher for the transfer from the airport to the hotel and back again, when you collect your luggage and exit the airport you will find all the taxi , mini bus , shuttle coach drivers etc. outside the entrance, one of them will have a card with your party name on but there is a person in charge who speaks english who will help. do not panic we have done this twice with no problems. Also ask the staff at the hotel/apartments to ring the transfer company the day before you leave to remind them to collect you. the phone number will be on the voucher.

Alan :wave:
dingdong wrote:
it comes back at 05.45 from dalaman on 23 sept. so i take it we have wed nite in our room still and leave for airport early hours thurs

You'll need to chack you booking and determine the number of nights booked, but I highly suspect you'll be checking out of your room at 12pm on the wednesday and won't have use of the room wednesday evening. You'll be leaving the hotel at about midnight to catch the flight. You may be able to keep your room on up to about 6pm (late checkout) depending on availablity, at extra cost.

Darren
Hi, We have done a flight like this before and as you actually leave the resort in the middle of your 14th night you do get to keep the room as you paid for 14 nights. You arrive on a Thursday and leave on a Wednesday/Thursday night so miss one breakfast in hotel. If your flight had been after 12pm on the Thursday you would not get the room. I would confirm this with your travel provider to put your mind at rest.
there are many many transfer companies, you'd better search "dalaman marmaris airport transfer" in google and then choose the appropriate one for you, contact them and decide what to do. Also Airport shuttle busses are serving for Marmaris too.
We always use Icmeler Online for our transfers. Very quick and reliable. We always book independently now anyway, but I'd never take the shuttle again after our first experience - took forever because we had to go all around Marmaris dropping folk off first, then on the return trip to the airport, we had to wait for ages because some idiots weren't even ready for their pick-up in Marmaris and kept everyone hanging around. And don't even get me started on the so-called "comfort stop" at some over-priced cafe - even if you're travelling in the middle of the night! Give me my own transport any day, thanks - worth every penny!
Can anyone give me a list of trustworthy transfer companies need to get from dalaman airport to Icmeler there are three of us
if you read your transfer voucher which will be seperate from your flight and accomodation vouchers, it will tell you step by step what to do ie get baggage, go down ramp to desk blah and so on. If you read that it will tell you the company.
scousemouse55,

You'll find several recommendations on the Airport/ resort transfers Q&As topic.

Darren
Transfer with http://www.transferonly.com from Dalaman to Icmeler return for 2 adults was only £15 each

Stewart
we booked with icmeler travel centre from dalaman to marmaris...private transfer for 6 people return was £110. :)
I have used marmaris-transfers.com many times and have always been happy with them. If you email them with your requirements they will reply with a quote. They speak English.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.