Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, Have just checked out Bourgas arrivals and there is nothing from the uk at all during the dates you stated. Tonyt
Thanks Tony,I will now look for flights to Varna.
Hi

BA fly gatwick to varna for that period. See the BA website
Thanks,I have found the BA flight and have just phoned my friend.She is now going to wait for the 1st flight to Bourgas from Newcastle in May as she doesnt fancy the journey down to Gatwick then from Varna to Sunny beach.Jay
Hello all!I'm planning to fly to England from here,from Bulgaria and was also wondered if there are any charters at the end of April or they start in May...And do they start from the 1st of May?If anyone can help me i would be very thankful:)
Where are you aiming to fly from. Sofia, Bourgas or Varna and to where in UK. Tonyt
Hi discolazur_f,

Wizzair flights from Bourgas don't start umtil 9th June.

I suspect that most charter flights, even if available that early, would be likely to be full outbound from the UK and, therefore, fulll inbound to the UK.

Charter flights, in some cases, actually cost more than scheduled flights.

I would guess that the scheduled Bulgaria Air/British Airways/Malev (probably via Budapest in the case of Malev) flights are likely to be your best bet from Varna (as Bourgas Airport doesn't really operate out of season) or Sofia *may* offer you alternative carriers.

Baldur
Thanks for the information.I need a flight from Burgas and i'm going to Wales but i know i have to land in a town near Wales,dont remember the name...But don't the charters have to start in May? :(
The only major airport in Wales is Cardiff International.

A few of the tour operators fly from there to both Bourgas & Varna, as they do from Bristol International, which is just across the River Severn from South Wales.

I have no idea when the charter flights begin - but, as I indicated above, they are, I suspect, highly likely to be full of tour operators' clients on their return journeys from Bulgaria, unless you are very lucky.

Baldur
Hi, there is a First Choice flight from Cardiff on the 11th May (First of season) which will leave again at 1400 on the 11th reaching Cardiff at 1550, but the BIG BUT is they are quoting £309 inclusive. you would have to phone First Choice ref booking. Cheers Tonyt
I live in Wales and nearly always fly from Gatwick, rather than Cardiff or Bristol, as the flights are much more convenient for my purposes and usually much cheaper.

Compared with the Cardiff flight for 309 GBP (881.58 BGN), you would be much better off financially using Bulgaria Air Varna-Gatwick - e.g. 437.41 BGN (151.78 GBP) Return, flying 30/04/07 and returning 14/05/07 (a single ticket costs more than a return).

A National Express coach from Gatwick to Cardiff would cost 44.50 GBP (126.95 BGN) return, giving a total for the return journey of 196.28 GBP (564.36 BGN) instead of the First Choice option's total of 309 GBP (881.58 BGN) - a saving of 112.72 GBP or 317.22 BGN.

Note: I have used today's Raiffeisen Bank exchange rates (1GBP = 2.853 BGN) for the above comparison.

Baldur
Thanks for all your information!Well,i would prefer tp fly from Burgas,not from Varna and do u know if First Choice have offices in Sunny Beach so i can go and ask there?I think they should have but not sure...And i have another question now-Is Newport near Cardiff and what is "Gwent"?Is this a town again in that area or...?Thanks in advance
Newport is a city in the County (Obshtina) of Gwent which is very near the town where I live and is about 28.5 miles (approx. 45.87 kilometres) from Cardiff Airport - see Map of Wales.

As I said above, I use Gatwick and catch the National Express coach from/to Newport whenever I come to Bulgaria - I think that you may be making your planned trip very difficult for yourself by insisting on Bourgas Airport....I would prefer to fly from Cardiff, rather than Gatwick , but it simply isn't practical, even from the UK.......much less so for you, I suspect. :wink:
I doubt very much whether First Choice have an out of season office in Sunny Beach as they are tour holiday operators catering for UK tourists coming to Bulgaria- they will probably just have reps there in the season.
Bougas Airport is still actually open through the Winter for internal flights from Sofia, so have you priced up a flight to Sofia and then connecting flight to Bourgas. Could be a lot cheaper as all flights seem to be cheaper to Sofia anyway.

Celiajan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.