Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Plain and simple supply and demand, and if bookings are down for a destination, the flights from smaller airports get the chop.

Most inconvenient I know, but there's nothing you can do about it, and you can guarantee they have covered themselves in the booking conditions.

At least you've had plenty of notice.

Peter
thanks for your reply, it is really annoying especially considering the original booking was for benidorm but was told (after full payment was made) that my parents and 10 year old son would be left without a hotel room for two days!!!!!! thats why they changed to bulgeria only to be informed it would cost them a further £50 still i can't complain a nice child free week in june to look forward to! : :) :D
I`m not 100% convinced on this supply and demand thing. Something is defintely going on at Liverpool airport.
This happened to my wife only 2 weeks ago. She arrived at 2pm for a 4.20pm flight, only to be told (after booking in) that the flight had been cancelled and all the passengers were being transferred to Manchester by coach.
Now if the flight had only been half full, I`d agree with the supply/demand thing but this flight was full and a whole fleet of coaches took everyone to manchester, where by this stage the flight had been moved to 8pm.
No explanation was given even though loads of people asked. "Sorry the flight has been cancelled, we dont know why" was all that was said.
I live on the wirral and just recently I`ve noticed a lack of planes flying over my house, that used to fly over regular as clockwork.
hi fitzy16.
I totally agree with you there is definatly something changed at liverpool,I know of at least 2 flights to turkey that have also been changed to manchester and I've just heard off a close friend that her flight to majorca has changed and they've changed her day of travel! she is flying in August so i imagine it will be a busy flight. So much money has gone into liverpool airport it would be a shame if things regressed now.
Most interesting, perhaps there is a problem at Liverpool.

Does anyone out there know, please?

Peter
Flights being changed for dates as late, relatively, in the season as yours are less surprising than those at the height of the season - July/August.

As you say, it's probably a better (slightly shorter) journey to Manchester in your case.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.