Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sheila M,

I think you are struggling there when it comes to direct flights, especially from Malaga. From Malaga, you'll probably have to go via the UK with a charter airline or equivalent via europe. If you can get to Madrid, you have the option of flying via Athens with Olympic Airlines. It also depends when you want to travel.

Darren
Thanks Darren.I was hoping to be able to go without flying via the UK.This option seems to be the cheapest though.It seems strange to me that there is such a lack of flights from here(malaga),especially to Athens? You would think that there would be a demand for this,both business and tourist.
Could always try Clickair and Veuling Air via Barcelona.

Nivsy
Thanks Nivsy.I had never heard of either of these airlines!I have had a look at them and the prices seem very very reasonable.I am thinking of travelling to Kos for the Greek Easter next year.
I have also had a look at Olympic who fly from Madrid.They do a connecting flight to Kos via Athens.
I should be able to work something out from this information.Thank you all.
I did ask my daughter who is married to a Greek(he worked at Kos airport!)why the lack of direct flights from Malaga.
Her husband had replied that Greeks,on the whole,aren´t really bothered about visiting Spain!!! :)
Hello Sheila

Olympic is in a bit of turmoil at the moment. The Greek government are involved and I understand it is to be restructured and privatised. It is thought that some routes will be dropped. It might be worth remembering this before (and if!) you make any reservation with them.

bill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.