Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Try H4u.com they use Onurair,Turkish budget airline,Thomsons have dropped their prices just for now,also Thomas Cook flights.
easy jet are doing some cheap flights if you can fly from gatwick, some of aegean flights are still reasonable but usually cheaper when booked quickly, flythomascook, try looking at travelsupermarket or flight scanner for various companies, good luck
You can expect to pay around £200 to £250 each for school holidays.
That is from Gatwick, presumably its similar from the North-west. At times this year the flights have gone up to more than £300 but they seem to have come down a bit lately. As Ellie_Meg said try http://www.skyscanner.net as you can easily see a range for different days and different airlines.
Good luck!
There is no way you can get a flight from the North West for £250 or less now,they are more expensive than South,ie Gatwick,that is for the summer school holiday time!!
Travel Republic has flights for £ 263pp for August at the moment from Manchester.
I haven't seen any flights for £200 from Gatwick in the school holidays. Where did you find those Alfie ??
If you look on Skyskanner using the graph view the lowest I have found was Monday 20th to Tuesday 28th was £184.98 they were both with Thomson. If you can be very flexible ie maybe not a 7 or 14 day holiday and possibly use different airlines for departure and return flights you can find some reasonable prices. These are changing all the time though, as I was looking at it one flight went up by £90!
Sorry I should have said those dates were July - I was looking at the school summer holidays.
I booked seats yesterday from Gatwick/Dalaman with flythomascook for 7 nights over Easter (9-16th April) and paid £146 each which I thought was reasonable.
Excuse my ignorance, but are the prices mentioned for return flights?
i would say so, we booked flights to dalaman from gatwick and got them for july for £180 return which wasnt too bad considering this years prices, but not good compared to my aug 08 at £75 return lol
lgw to dlm return in may with easyjet £137 and also oct same price not bad :sun2
Tesco Clubcard vouchers!
This may seem strange, but it's a great way to get cheap flights to Turkey, or anywhere else for that matter. Tesco Clubcard vouchers are worth 4 times their face value if you use them to book Clubcard deals. These include various types of holidays, but in particular holidays with Cosmos.What we do, is we book the cheapest possible holiday to any resort for which you fly into Bodrum.But when we get there, we stay in our own villa. It actually only costs us 1/4 of the brochure price of the holiday. This year eg we have paid £850 for the two us, which only cost us £212.50 in Clubcard Vouchers or £106.25 each for return flights Manchester to Bodrum in May. It's impossible to get flights for this price! Just a few words of warning though. You must make sure you let the Cosmos rep know what you're doing when you arrive. If you don't, and just go straight off to your accommodation, they might think you haven't arrived and cancelled your flight home.
What a shame we don't have a Tesco near us...
The accomodation we are having the use of is in Altinkum, not Marmaris. I obviously wasn't listening to the Mrs again!
Anyway, the best deal I've got for the dates we can go is just under a grand for 4 of us, Manchester to Bodrum with Thomas Cook.
I'm looking forward to some sunshine after all the sub-zero temperatures we have been having.
Try Airflights.co.uk or Charterflights.co.uk
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.