Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hiya, im not sure who you are flying with, but I work for TCX and this is what we do...
for parents with buggys/strollers we let the parents have them till the moment they board the aircraft ie, for using round the airport, it is tagged when the bags are checked in, then at the aircraft door we ask for all parents to fold them up and put them to the side (of the airbridge or bottom of steps), the baggage handlers then place these in the hold, in the compartment which is opened first for the return. When landing at destination, most of the times the buggies will come off on the carousel alog with the rest of your bags, however there are certain places (mahon, being one of them) which sometimes get the buggies out of the hold first and place these alongside the steps for when parents disembark. If the parents have already boarded the bus by this time, then they are taken in with the bags.
Hope this helps a bit. Please also remember that alot of airlines, charter being the main ones, do not provide milk or baby food for your little one so are advised to stock up before you board, I know here in Manchester you can get the small pints of milk in boots, but again there is no facility to store your milk on the aircraft, however the crew will warm your milk for you if you need anything.
zebedee,

This Is Also Much The Same If You Fly With Thomson Airways

Gower
Oh, and also if you call the airline no less than 7 days in advance we usually allow 10kg's for baby equipment free of charge, strictly for baba tho', no sneaking in another pair of shoes...haha,
Thanks all
We are flying with Monarch from Manchester
Do we need to let them know in advance that we are taking pushchairs?
Are there any limits on number or size of pushchairs?

Thanks for you help
zebedee,

You don't need to let them know beforehand. You are limited to one per child! You'll find further details towards the bottom of the baggage page on Monarchs website.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.