Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Susan,

Don't think anyone has told us about this particular flight, but it's been a tale of woe this year even before the season started.

See THIS thread, and it's not just Balkan.

The reason in your case is probably that there were not enough passengers wanting to board at Manchester to justify the landing fees, so there was considerable economy of truth in respect of fog.

The overall problem is this from a previous post -

The fact is that there have been an unprecedented number of flight changes this year which indicates to me numbers of UK tourists are again seriously down. It's a worsening situation year on year and the Bulgarians never seem to learn. I am told that numbers from the UK in 2006 were a third down on 2005, so why do Balkan Holidays sell a flight schedule which I don't think has changed for the best part of a decade?

The more people they sicken off this year by mucking about with flights or building site problems, the fewer will come next year because bad news spreads like wildfire.

The Bulgarians are experts at shooting themselves in the foot.

Peter
Hi Peter, Thanks for your reply. We have actually met many years ago at Letovishte. I was the one who adopted all the cats. I`ve been going for 21 years now, sometimes 5 times a year. I have never come across this before. We all have good and bad memories of Balkan Holidays but this time was not the "norm" for me. I`m going back 4 weeks from yesterday and hope its not still going on. I need my Drouzhba fix! Like you, I wish Balkan would tell the truth from the outset.
Yes Susan and now we have our own, see my avatar.

The flight problem is much worse this year but it affected us last year.
Our Manchester flight originally booked was as they call it 'double-touched' with Southampton, but we had inside info before Balkan informed us so we managed to change dates.

I'll pm you

Patka
We have actually met many years ago at Letovishte.

Remember you well Susan, suppose my avatar was a dead give-away, must get a new helm!

Peter
Peter, to follow on the Balkan Saga, I have just done a quick check on flights into Varna, this week there will be just four by BGH, 1 Glasgow,
1 Edinburgh, 2 Manchester. plus 3 shared Bulgaria flights from Gatwick, nowhere near what it was like, and to think I have had an e-mail from them, saying holidays for this year are running out fast and as a regular user book early for next year and get a discount plus only £30 Deposit. Cheers Tonyt
Hi Tony,

I suspect that anyone in their database has received that e-mail, regular user or not - I haven't used them since 2005 and also received one.

Baldur
Peter, I recognised you right away. Perhaps you could just attach your night vision binocs to the helmet! Sue.
Tonyt, I got the same e mail yesterday. Every year I say I wont go with them again. Come October and I`m on the web booking. After 21 years its a hard habit to break! I wish they would get their act together.
Was checking Balkans prices out earlier today when i noticed that the Teesside ( Durham Tees Valley) to Bourgas flight will now operate via Leeds Bradford and will add at least an hour to the flight time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.