America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Sorry, I'm a bit puzzled, do you mean Orlando and Miami? Both are in Florida.

We were in Miami a year and a half ago and I didn't think it was that great. We went back to Florida last year and travelled around - flew to Tampa stayed St Petes Downtown-Melbourne-Fort Lauderdale-Naples-St Pete's Beach, flew home from Tampa. Really liked St Pete's Beach though, have you looked at that at all? Also closer to Orlando (less driving).
Time to relax on the Gulf Coast, then down to the keys and a couple of days for shopping in Orlando to finish off.
Sorry lesley,didn't mean to confuse :tup.It will be three weeks touring Florida,minus Disney.
We toured as well, lots of options on where to go! We made our plans by getting a decent map then we decided to do south only, then chose some places by looking online to see what they had to offer. We used Hotwire and Priceline for our hotels, and got some really great deals! Miami is very expensive!
If you are not interested in Florida I would give Orlando a miss. Flying to Miami, stay a few days in Fort lauderdale, can visit Miami from there as there are some things that are not to be missed like South Beach and biscayne Bay. A few days in the Keys, wouldn't stay in Key West, used to love it but it has changed for the worse. Back up to Miami drive along Alligator Alley for a stay in Naples on the gulf coast (fab beaches), visit the Everglades from there. Great beach and lots to do like visiting Marco Island etc.. Venice beach is also a nice place. Drive back across Florida to the Space centre and North of there to San augustin, one of Floridas oldest towns.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.