America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Robert

Is it Miami or Miami Beach you are staying at as they are 22 miles apart?

It sounds like it could be Miami Beach. We stayed at North Beach too many years ago for any info to be useful and North Beach was very isolated. South Beach is better.

luci :wave
Collins Ave is in South Beach. There are lots of places to eat/drink in South Beach. Do you have a car or relying on public transport? What do you want to do? Beach/shopping/ocean...watersports?
Universal Studios is in Orlando which is about a 4 hr drive away.
Have a look at http://www.Dolphinworld.com or Miamiseaquarium.com.
Thanks
we are staying on South Beach on Colins Ave with all the super deluxe posh hotels !!
That dolphin link doesnt seem to work.
We want beach shopping !! nice places to eat and chill.odd crazy night out.hire a car.

would love to be able to do Universal one day.
You must do the Duck Tour!!

I stayed on Miami Beach and spent my best evening people watching!!
Sorry that should be DolphinWorld. org not dotcom.
Start practising your Spanish, most of South Florida is a miniCuba.
South Beach- well the ocean of course,although I don't think the beach itself is that great. From Collins ave you can walk to lots of bars/cafes etc.
People watching is a definite- lots of beautiful people. Go dancing , any nightclub- I could sit fascinated for hours watching Salsa and Merengue- fabulous dancers down there. There are so many restaurants, whatever appeals to you is there. Shopping- if you're flush for cash head up to Bal Harbour at Collins and 96th St for de luxe items and watching how the other half lives....
Otherwise for Mall shopping try the Dadeland Mall, or if you have a car head for the Sawgrass Mills- 350 shops. Close to South Beach in downtown Miami ($15 cab ride) is the Bayside Marketplace,which combines shopping, brand name stores and lots of little boutiques,with many restaurants, all this is around a Marina,they have live music (Cuban) and it's always jumping.... Spanish rock plays every Thurs pm- free- you can take numerous boat rides around Biscayne Bay from there.
NB- It is HOT and HUMID in Miami.
When you get to your hotel look for the Welcome to Miami brochures- they always place them in your room,or if not then at reception.
Go to Wet Willies and drink a "Call me a cab" or a BahamaMama mmmm
Check out the Everglades tours if interested in seeing alligators etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.