Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Miami airport
11 Posts
Sounds like it hasn't changed in 20 year then Fi, we transited there to Orlando as it was cheaper than a direct flight. Nightmare, I still remember it and I've been on a fair few flights since :rofl

Doe :sun2
Thankfully we flew directly to London from Cancun on the way back. But there is no way I am ever going to transit through Miami again unless its a last resort.
It's a long time since we used Miami airport, but I remember it being massive and walking miles between concourses.

luci :wave
:whoops What was that in my last post in this thread?? Guess who just booked to transit through Miami again?? Surely I won't have another 2 hour wait in the immigration line? Were we just really unlucky? We had no choice really- it was the cheapest option. Has anyone else had recent experiences of Miami airport?
Here's a hand site for giving you an idea of wait times at US airports

http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/
I think Miami has proved too much- not getting any stats :) Handy site though- perhaps you could highlight it on its own thread :)
I didn't get any stats for the Date Range and only some of the stats appeared for Monthly Average.
Four hours is the longest it has taken me to transit Miami. Missed connecting flight and had to wait until the next day. Just about the worst place in the USA for immigration queues.
Options came up with a transit of 2 hours and 5 mins or 4 and a half hours. I couldn't stand the stress of the first option!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.