America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
thanks for your replies guys, great help. i am not a big eater so i will be having breakfast filling up) and dinner in the evening so i should be ok.

i will also take my bank card away just in case!! any further info would be good as i have never been to florida before...... :D 8)
You will love it! We went to Goa Christmas just gone and booked to go back this year. We then changed it to go to Orlando - the call of the Mouse was just too strong!
Hi, Can anyone tell me if April is a good time to go to Florida for the theme parks? I know that it is very busy at Easter, but I have just checked the school holidays and although Easter is early, in March, next year, the kids school holiday is not until the 5th April. Does this mean it would be quieter then?
Hi peapod,

April is one of the best times to visit Florida for the weather as it's lovely and hot in the day and evening but it's not humid and you don't usually hardly get any rain.

As you say Easter is in March next year which will mean the parks will be busier then rather than the usual easter period in April BUT I have noticed there are quite a lot of UK schools that are still having their school holidays at the beginning of April (as your kids' school are too). But, provided the whole world isn't doing the same I would say it will still be quieter to go in April rather than in March when the official Easter holidays are and your flights are sure to be cheaper out of the Easter period if the airline's haven't cottoned on yet that some easter school holidays are not in March!
Hi am looking to go to Florida so booking a fly drive,which airport will i fly into please,thanks in advance
Mel x
Sorry scrap last message,any recommendations on reasonable fly-drive company`s please
You can get some really good last minute deals for Flight Only in May right now with the following companys: flights from £169 per person from Gatwick! That's flying into Orlando Sanford Airport:

http://www.avro.co.uk/

or

http://www.broadwaytravel.com/scripts/TDBkgEngine.dll/Startup?&StartPage=FlightOnlyRequest.htm&BookingType=FlightOnly&EventtoProcess=NewBooking

It's usually cheaper to book your car hire separately, we've found the cheapest and best companys: http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/ or http://www.airline-network.co.uk/carhire/

:D
good car=hire deals at the moment with dollar.uk
ann
has anyone got any tips on orlando if its going to rain..... what to do????

i have just checked the 10 day weather forecast and it could have thunder storms a couple of days after we arrive..... any suggestions :?
when we went 3 years ago the thunderstorms pass very quickly and the ground dries out very quickly too
thanks.. only got 5 days to go really looking forward to it :D

this will be our first time to florida 8) 8)
You'll be just in time for near record temperatures. The whole country is experiencing a heat wave right now. Florida temperatures are usually similar to southern California (but Florida is much more humid) and it's been in the 80's and 90's in LA the last few days.
i have just checked the 10 day weather forecast and its showing hot hot hot..........

this will also be my first long haul flight so a little nervous but excited...... :D
Partygirl24 well if worse comes to worst you can always shop all day!
If you know you're going to have a day of rain then go to Universal Studios,there are so many things to do there that are indoors,you can get plastic ponchos in every shop there and just run between attractions.
We went there on a day it was chucking it down and had a lot of fun doing the 'Singing in the Rain' routine.
thanks for your info..... i dont mind a bit of rain as i live near manchester......

:D

but its a good idea to know that there is plenty to do if it does rain
Heya..x
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Me and my boyfriend are going to florida in july ans was wondering what the weather is goin to be like? and what there is to do? we were also wondering what the cost of the different theme parks are in dollars?
i was also wondering if anyone could help on the visa situation as i had my passport issued last year do i need a visa? and m,y boyfriend had his issued in 2001 so does he need a visa?
All help will be appriciated
thanks

Sian..x
Sorry its sooo long
Weather - hot and humid, probably in the mid to high 90's but it will feel hotter in the middle of the day

What is there to do - almost anything you can think of. It's a bit hard to give an answer without knowing your interests and you already mentioned theme parks. Aside from the theme parks, here is the space center, beaches, malls, dining out, the Everglades... it would partly depend on your transportation. Would you be hiring a car?

Theme park costs - I don't know... try checking out their websites

Both your passports are fine. The date of issue has nothing to do with obtaining a visa. Provided neither of you has had a criminal conviction or been denied entry into the US before, you will simply use the visa waiver program (the form is usually handed out on the plane and doesn't take long to fill out; the majority of people travel to the US this way).

I should point out that I've only ever been to Florida once and it wasn't for a vacation (although I do live in the US), so other people's answers might be more reliable than mine.
Thanks so much
no we wouldn't be hiring a car as neither of ud drives as im 18 and my bf is 21.
We are hoping to stay on international drive but my interest are just chilling out ans going shopping for some great deals on clothes and shoes lol.
Hi Sian

You'll find the visa topic HERE.

Pippy :D

Edit. I see you've already found it :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.