Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Trina

The only florist that I know off is in Calangute, it's just a little hut really and I have never been in there but on passing the flowers look good.

You can miss it, it is opposite Domino's pizza. Calangute is not far from Candolim and should only take you about 5 minutes in a taxi.

I don't know of one in Candolim, but someone else may.

Hope this helps

Mrs O
It may be better to get flowers at Mapsua market as there is a huge selection of flowers in the flower market section. And according to a florist from the uk who we met there, are far better than the flowers we get here in the uk.Also its not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Friday morning, and you can get a bus there which is good fun...Keith
There's a small florist shop just before you get to the road to Panjim. It's as you are walking towards Sinquerim on the left hand side of the road. There's a photography/mobile phone shop next door.
If you decide on mapsa market,go on any day but a Friday, same market, cheaper prices, and much more pleasant than the "tourist" one on a Friday. Go by bus, 7 rps each way, and much more fun too Alan
One at Candolim crossroads between the tailors and Kodak shop (orders taken for special bunches), also a very good choice at Panaji market.
Wow Thank you all for your prompt replies!

Good to know its not an impossible task, I think a visit to Mupsa market by bus is on the (evergrowing) list of things to do.

We will also be visiting "Auntie" who lives in Panaji so I will get her some flowers too.

It seems sooooo far off, still it gives me more time to practice my Konkani

Thanks once again Trina
Gramps is mapsa market on everyday ..and would there be the same amount of stalls there ......
Yes it's on certainly Mon.-Fri, not sure about the weekend. It's just as big as far as I can see, just far more locals shopping, and less tourists, hence less beggers. Alan
The flower shop opposit JOHNYS chemist in Calangute is
really good,We had a spray made up in there, they were very helpfull ,
They let you choose your own flowers and make it while you watch

hope this helps
Pat :sun2
OOOOh I think I will be spoiled for choice!

Many Thanks to you all
:thanks I know for a few years my hubby got me a lovely spray of flowers and they only cost 200 and 300 rupees at home they would cost £30 at least .... :cry only thing is you only get about 3 days out of them ...would anyone know can you get a silk flower sprey in goa .
Quite a few stalls at Mapusa market (everyday) selling real and very good imitation flowers.
:rofl So Eddie will you send them to the sliver sands for me in november :rofl
Never thought about flowers not lasting that long (perhaps it's because my other half never sends me any!)

I think real flowers for Auntie and some silk ones for the grave

Irishcolleen wouldnt it be nice if that lovely eddie 101 brought you some choccies to go with the flowers!

Anyway Deu boro kooro"¦..Thankyou!
COLLEEN !!! XX
There will be roses by the dozen
And one clenched between my teeth
A Basket full of Forget-Me-Nots
With Carnations underneath
But alas my Irish beauty
For they are rather sparse
I could only get a couple of Orchids
And they will be sticking out my A***
XXXX E
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Travellingtrina I have 3 hopes some bob and none :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.