Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Pil Pil

You may have tried these, some are in Benal and 1 in costamar..

El Karmen
Giorgio's
Casa Chims
Casa Emillios
Millys
Noor Mahal
Cristals (costamar 15mins walk from sails r/about)

Do you go to the tapas bars?
Thanks Davanne

All those are tried, tested and approved (and will be tested again next week if fog goes :wink:

The cristals is a new one where is it and what type of place?

Maylings is good as are the Indian up by the new police station and the Argentinian one adjacent
any more?
You must have tried Chameleon's, now moved from Avenida Estacion to "The Strip" on the way down to Bonanza Square. Very good. Brown's, at Flamingo Square, Diablito's, down from Hostal Sol y Miel, Asiatico Wok (Avenida Estacion), Mirador (superb sole on the bone, on the street behind the Diorama complexes), the Shirin, on Ibensa Square (speciality Iranian food/magnificent kebab), Er Tapeo (best tapas on the coast, down from the Belver shoe shop near the station), Alborada (excellent Spanish food, near the station and health clinic), The Honeypot (honest English fare, dished up by James and Anthony, next to the Wookey). For a Sunday roast feast that costs nothing at all, Josie and David serve up a mean plateful at the Ruptured Duck.
Take your pick, Pil Pil. You'll never go hungry in Arroyo.
Merry Christmas. Tony.
Hi Pil Pil,

Cristals....walk along the main road, passed Palm Tree Av, and i think its the 3rd right, you will see a bar on the corner called CoCo's, turn here its about 5mins up on the left, a lovely place for a special occassion (or not)there is the daily menu and Al a Carte, daily is around €15 with free wine (which i was told was very good) and everything else is what you want to pay, (fish steaks etc;) the service and food is excellant...

Oh and Tony you have given us a few more to find, we love all the tapas bars thxs
Thanks chaps
I have not tried chameleons since it moved but will

Can you expand where are Diablito's and Mirador

There are a few there that are new to me
I will try some next week
If anymore come to mind please post

Happy Holls :)
Apologies for tardy response, Pil Pil. Hope this is not too late. Diablito's is on the pedestrianised street just beyond Arroyo station. The Sol y Miel hostal is on the right, Diablito's further down, on the left.
The Mirador restaurant can found by turning right at the bottom of this road, and is then 150 yards or so away on the left (not on the main road itself, but set back a few yards at the bottom of an apartment complex).
Happy New Year. Tony.
Thanks
It was a bit late but when i was in spain I tried Chameleons again and it was good and much more room
I Found The Cristals place but it was closed on a few occasions so i will try at easter as it looks worth a go
I found the Mirador place (iknew it when i saw it) but it was Shut! so again one for the future
Is Diablitos also known as the white devil or little devil I guess if so yoe we have been there several times in the past But it was shut over some of xmas

One for you have u tried Entrada2 ? up the strip or
Begonias on the main drag in arroyo?

I had a 500g steak at the argentinian place by new cop shop (armagor????) Still full up a week later V good

More places than usual were closed this xmas than previous i think but i still managed to put on weight neverless!!!!!

If any more come to light please post perhaps we should all compile a list???
Hi have you tried the Village restaurant in Arroyo.
They do a 3 course evening meal for 8.75 euros
Great food
Superb choice
Good service
Excellent value
If you want top quality food at Mc Donalds prices the Village in Arroyo is for you.
If I was a cynic i would have thought you worked there???

Is it worth trying?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.