Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Some hotels don't allow it at all, and will stop you if they see you obviously taking drinks and food into the rooms, and take the items from you. If they do have this policy, there will be a notice displayed in your room or in your hotel reception about it.

Some hotels have no problem with it. Obviously in self catering hotels, you can take whatever you like in, as you have cooking facilities etc and thats what you're paying for.

Where are you staying Carol? Maybe one of the members here has already been to your hotel, and can advise you.

Elaine
Thanks elaine we are going on monday, we are going to gumbet and staying in the turihan hotel...
Thanks, carole
I take a rucksack and what every I buy i put in there so they can't see, then hide it in the draws etc

They can't stop you having water in your room though
Carole, buy a rucksack and take food and drinks in that, its very unlikely they'll ask to search your bag. And before anyone jumps on me for taking valuable business away from the hotel owners, some people genuinely need to do this on holiday, so I think it should be allowed.
I agree with you Scottishmum, especially if you have kids - you need to have snacks and drinks on hand.

Elaine
Never had any problem with taking food or drink into room. The hotel we were in in Hisaronu did have a notice saying no food or drink to be brought into pool area from outside, but nothing about the rooms.
I like a wee dram or two when getting ready to go out for a meal in the evening, sitting on the balcony with a nice malt watching the sun go down.

Andy.
We stayed at the Hotel Alaiye in Alanya and they had such a rule. They never checked our bags, and they didn't ever remove food. I had the odd bag of crisps and chocolate and sometimes on display, but housekeeping never touched them. It wasn't even something I thought about, I did recall reading the notices, but just forgot about it!

I'd pop them in drawers etc, but I don't think you'll have any problems. I do wonder how they can justify the rule, especially in Turkey where a lot of the food you might be wanting to bring just isn't available.
We recently stayed at the Montebello Beach in Olu Deniz where there was a sign telling you not to bring in food or drink but they were actually not bothered as long as you spent some money there e.g. a drink at the bar each day, a cooked breakfast now & again. I think most hotels are probably like this.
We have not had a problem in all the years we have been going to Turkey, but I know some people have.
I would use the beach bag, put a towel on top. The drinks at the bar are usually expensive and we allways tell our Grand children not to ask, but to go up to the room and use our stock there, same with the booze, we allways have a bottle or two handy, dont worry I am sure you will be ok, just dont be to obvious and in their face.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.