General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sloggi knickers for me every time.

Same here. :tup
I always bought white keks from M&S, but now I think M&S knickers aren't a patch on the quality they used to be years ago, it might have summat to do with the fact that they used to be made in this country and the last few lots I bought were made in Sri Lanka, and after a few washes they went "baggy" and the elastic losing its elasticity and I washed them at the right temperature, but they looked fit for a dishcloth.
I don't buy new for a holiday and I don't take more than 4/5 pairs for 2 weeks because I wear my bikini as a bra and knickers throughout the day and they rinse through in minutes, then I wear my keks for a couple of hours in the evening and rinse them through in the sink with some travel wash and roll the excess water out in a towel.
I only wear the best if there's a chance I might end up at the hospital :rofl

Sanji
I don't buy new for a holiday and I don't take more than 4/5 pairs for 2 weeks because I wear my bikini as a bra and knickers throughout the day and they rinse through in minutes, then I wear my keks for a couple of hours in the evening and rinse them through in the sink with some travel wash and roll the excess water out in a towel.

;) Sanji...you can HALF that amount you take easy.....wear one pair for the evening...and next evening..just turn them inside out and wear again! :rofl :rofl
Trust you to come up with that. :rofl

Sanji x
;) If you wore thongs....turn them round the 3 sides...then inside out.... :really SIX DAYS WEAR FROM ONE THONG!! SORTED! :rofl
Me in a thong???? crikey you've got a vivid imagination :lol: and that's like walking around with cheese wire between your cheeks, and they're no good if you get a dose of the delhi belly. :rofl

Sanji ;)
M&S cotton ones for me too, usually white and a couple of pair of nude/skintone short type for wearing under my white crops. Usually 10 pair in total and always new.
I'm another Sloggi girl everytime, not only that but I bought the OH 1 pair of mens sloggis & got complaints. I should have bought a dozen. He wont wear any others now.

Patka
I always buy new underwear and bras when I go away but most of the time if it's too hot never end up wearing them. :)
Think Il buy some nude knickers..mind you Il buy new and never where them,always pack to many..
Some lovely nude ones in Debenhams, lovely and soft. Well I bought 2 matching sets in M& S today - had to have the nylon bottoms tho1 Called in La Senza but all their knickers seemed minute. I'm only a size 12, but they looked as though they'd only go round one leg :rofl
nude bras and knicks for me everytime. I have a few nvpl too. Hate seeing white underwer under white clothes :duh
I only take 1 ordinary and 1 strapless as I'm in bikini tops every day.
I go for a few nude coloured as well as I wear lots of white linen on hols and they don't show through. Debenhams have some knickers called Magic Knockers which I believe don't show through at all they are £4 a pair, think I will try a couple of pairs for my next holiday , they are completely seamless.
  • Edited by shirleyV 2010-07-22 15:18:47
You made me laugh shirleyV " Magic Knockers " sorry

I never buy new, and 4 knickers and 2 bras are enough, no matter how long I am away.
I never buy new
Hi Lassigirl- where do you buy your second hand knickers? Jumble sales, E-bay or charity shops? :rofl
"magic knockers" oh my Lord I really need to check things before I post them :rofl
:whoops :D

I am known to buy second hand clothes, but knickers no no no . I should have added, specially for the holidays . I think I had better read what Iv'e written before posting
I knew what you meant Lassigirl ;)

I now always prefer to take stuff that has been tried and tested and that I know is going to be comfortable ever since the time I took a new set of underwear on holiday that turned out to be sooo uncomfortable because the lace trim was so scratchy! Wore bra and pants the once and then tossed them back in the case for the remainder of the holiday. And especially with knickers - so important to know that they won't ride up/slip down (yes, that's also happened too!) etc.

As for colour I now stick with flesh coloured and then it goes udner everything - especially white skirts and trousers. Doesn't seem to matter how thick the material is - white pants always seem to show through and I hate it!

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.