Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Sorry can't answer your question but would you do me a big favour? When you have been to this hotel will you put your comments on holiday truths so that I can have a read. Booked with Airtours for May next year and can't find any info on this site and the hotel is not listed. Thanks very much. Hope your stay is a pleasant and peaceful one. Kate :)
No problems, I will mention all that I find, there must be someone who knows this place. I will wait for some comments.

ray
No problems, I will mention all that I find, there must be someone who knows this place. I will wait for some comments.

ray
Booking Forte da Oura apartments for May 2007

Any tips or recommendations?
There are a few reviews in the hotel reviews section and all are good.
Have never stayed there but walked past them many times and would stay there myself, in an excellent but quiet location for the strip at the bottom end, about 3 mins walk to Wild & co and about 5 mins walk to the beach.
You have the sizzling stone restaurant right out of the hotel, Susan's restaurant left which does carvery's, Eddy's bar for a good cheap breakfast and pint and a chinese on the other side of the road, all very good.
There was all sorts of work taking place in the area when I was last there a month or so ago.

I have to over that way next week so will take a look.
As diydaz has said you can check our the reviews for these apartments HERE

Kath HT Admin
If my memory serves me right the Forte da Oura are right next to the Oura Praia Aparthotel, & as Diydaz says they are in a great position for local bars & resaurants. I have never stayed there but maybe I would, looking at the external appearance and close proximity to all the amenities they look fine. Cheers Jayjan.
There is a building site behind the Forte de Oura hotel but not connected with it. There is a gap of about 20 metres with a wall in between.

The work is to build more apartment hotel blocks. Walls and roofs are up and there was a fair amunt of activity going inside the structures.
I have stayed their, great place. I asked some time ago about building work but all I saw was a crane miles away. I thought I posted a response on the hotel earlier, if not remind me again.. it was the year before last.
What is happening with the Forte de Oura? Had a call from our travel Operator that work still going on and wanted to know if we wanted a full refund or change of hotel. Thing is we go next thursday really looking forward to staying there will the work spoil are holiday or will we not hear it if we are on the other side?
I was over there this morning! Didn't look though. Perhaps they can be a bit more specific about the nature of the work, as even in February the work looked to be restricted to inside work ie walls and roofs were up and I didn't see any evidence of heavy goings on at that time three month ago.

Anyway why stay at the hotel when there is an excellent beach five minutes walk away!

I hope you enjoy your trip.
Cheers cubsur, dont worry we will be going to the beach heard its one of the best in Europe.

But dont fancy staying at hotel surrounded by building work, going to see travel agent tomorrow want to move over to the Brisa Sol I think we are within are rights to move, but not sure?
They have left it really late to inform you of this building work seeing as it was ongoing way back in August 2006.

Technically they are out of order as they should inform you of this asap. Which tour operator did you book with?
Airtours through Co-op travel no mention of this and was really looking to forward to this holiday. Went to travel agent requested we move to Brisa Sol was told by them that building work going on in rooms really undure what to do I fancy Brisa sol but not if work going we have also been told we can go to paldium. But not sure is there loads of work going on across the resort at the moment should we look to book another resort?
I'm afraid its very hard not to find a crane anywhere round here. Some places are worse off than others. I have heard that Brisa Sol is refurbishing internally; certainly when I walked past there the other day there wasn't much I could see going on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.