France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
The EEA is the European Economic Area; ie Switzerland which is not a member of the EU.

I think you should be fine. If you are worried, perhaps having a look at the Passport Office's website may reassure you.
Thank you Al . checked the UK french embassy website and it says If you are a British citizen, you only need a valid passport or ID for the whole length of your stay in France so looks like im OK but to be safe I may get my sons renewed now .

lyn
lyn ... if you are quick, one advantage of renewing now is that you will avoid the passport fees increase effective from 4 October.

More info in the Passport Q&As topic in our General Holiday Enquiries forum.

David :wave
Thanks David I didnt know the prices were increasing . thought £66 was already a ripoff for his first adult passport :( still he,s working now so he can pay . dont think he will be very pleased though , I wouldnt

lyn
You think £66 is a rip off? I had to pay the British Embassy in Paris €185 plus Chronopost fee for the return of the said passport ... ie €200 in total !!! (UK citizen permanently resident in France)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.