Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I am also flying the same day at 7 to Tenerife from East Midlands - just seen the news and am trying to find out information.

Ryanair says they will have a statement on their website at 10am tomorrow so I guess we will just have to check there. Really hope our flight isn't affected
Probably route via the "Oceanic Routes" (Lands End then 10 west longitude to Spanish airspace) which will add about 30 minutes to the flight time. Should be minimal delays. This is the usual workaround.
Many thanks busdriver for your reply! I am really hoping that Ryanair opt for the "oceanic routes"! Concerned that they do not offer compensation for cancelled flights if due to industrial action and hope that they are prepared to be in the air longer in order to get their passengers to their destination?

Is there any way that I can find out which plane we are on and where the plane that we are flying on should be arriving from? Think it will be important to know if our plane has been able to land at East Midlands on time.

Hi danp196! We are flying from East Midlands as well! Desperate for our holiday so hoping all goes well for us .Fingers crossed! :que
I would agree with busdriver that T9 (off shore route) should speed you (and many rerouted others) on your way. Remember that your holiday begins when you leave your house and enjoy!
Not only are the French on Strike, I have also heard that Spain may have several General Strikes in July and August.
Trying to confirm it.
I have friends who were due to fly from Scotland to the South of France tomorrow morning. They are currently in Leeds en route to Dover because their flight was cancelled and they were forced to drive.
""The French unions have just called off the strike :-)""

but unfortunately Belgian low level ATC have just started one .....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.