Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
After experiencing the same with Europa at Palma airport and having to return the car with half a tank of petrol for which we got nothing back I hunted around for a smaller supplier which did not charge for a full tank up front.

We found Rosslind - http://www.rosslind.com

They charge for half a tank and you return empty. They are based in Santa Ponsa and are a British company. Best of all is that there is no queuing at the airport. A few days before you depart you receive an email giving all the details of the car and where it will be located in the airport car park. You simply collect your luggage and proceed to the car park where you will find the car - keys hidden - paperwork inside and your name on the car. On return you simply leave it in the same place. You probably don't get the new scratch free car that you might get with other suppliers but they are perfectly safe and acceptable. We have used them twice and also reccommended them to a friend who had no problems either.

Give them a go.

Pippa
We booked a car through Do You Spain for Mallorca when we were there in June and they appear to have changed their policy.

You got the car with a full tank and you returned it full so you only paid for what you used.

Do You Spain were operating from Record Car Hire in Palma,

Hope this helps.

Carmel :wave
I have booked with doyouspain, but then got this:

A Visa or Master Card credit card is needed to pay the rental. Minimum Age 21 years old with two years experience. All cars are provided with a full tank of fuel and should be returned empty. On arrival you will be asked to prepay the full tank of fuel so please return the vehicle as empty as possible. Night deliveries, between 24:00 and 7:00, have a night supplement of 38 EUR. Thank you.

:cry:
This is taken off our Do You Spain Confirmation:-

"A major credit card such as Visa or Mastercard is needed to pay the rental. You will be given the car with fuel in the tank and be required to return it with the same level of fuel, so you will only pay for the fuel you use. Thank you".

We booked in April this year and thought that it was a much fairer way to charge - we just filled up at the airport before handing the car back.

I would email them and see if you can have this option.

Its worth a try.

Carmel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.