Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi ola

My flight number is OHY2654 and were are flying from Luton to Dalaman

Thanks

John
Been invoiced for £79 fuel surcharge fly on the 4th July invoice came 6th June is this legal, should i have to pay this added charge, booked through Goldtrail, but bookable holidays are the one that invoiced me

Thanks
Yes Philm I'm afraid so. Goldtrail have been permission to surcharge on their holidays/flights going out between 24th June and 31st December. Who you booked with/when you booked is neither here no there I'm afraid.

Regards,

C xxx
has anybody know what the surcharge is for sydney?
davep1,

All depends on which airline and when you are flying. Refer to your airlines website.

Darren
All major airlines have now cut their fuel surcharges so does this mean that existing customers who have paid in full for forthcoming flights will get some sort of refund or will it be tough luck as usual.
many thanks
mark
I think that may of us have noticed that flights to Turkey are still very expensive. Now that was understandable when the price of oil was dear at about £130 plus a barrell. Now that the price of oil has dropped to around £40 a barrell and petrol prices have dropped in price significantly, can we not expect the price of flights to come down. Or is that too simple

Stewart
smc4761,

The price of flights are unlikely to come down as they are driven by economics rather than fuel prices (ie demand and supply). Fuel surcharges are being reduced / scrapped which will make a difference but the flights themselves are unlikely to change.

Darren
Has anyone noticed that airlines are dragging their feet by not deleting these charges. In 2008 when oil prices were increasing on a daily basis airlines implemented a surcharge to offset the rapid increases in aviation fuel they had experienced.

So come off it guys oil is down 40% on same time last year so stop ripping us off and raking in profits on the back of this un fair surcharge
  • Edited by David 2009-03-16 12:34:27
    Merged with existing Fuel Surcharges topic
olwenjlangford,

Many airlines have now dropped or reduced surcharges but you'll find airlines use a hedging system when purchasing fuel; ie enter a 12 month+ contract so prices are fixed for a particular period. Sometimes it works in the favour, sometimess it doesn't.

Darren
Better get your holidays booked now, as Thomas Cook are starting to surcharge for aviation fuel from tomorrow.
Wont be long before the rest follow.
Go back to what Darren said 2 years ago about hedging. Most big users - even bus companies like Arriva - hedge their contracts. Last January oil was about $80 a barrel and over the year wobbled between $78 and $90. So anyone who hedged with that in mind shouldn't be hit by the spike in prices over the past couple of weeks. Odd that a company like TC didn't hedge isn't it.........
More operators impose fuel supplements

Thomas Cook and Tui brands Thomson, First Choice and Thomson Airways are hiking prices in an attempt to claw back rising fuel costs.

Thomas Cook was the first major operator to introduce fuel supplements yesterday, but it's move was swiftly followed by Tui today.

Cook has added £15 to short-haul holidays, £25 to mid-haul trips and £40 to long-haul destinations.

The supplement will apply to new holiday and flight-only bookings made with immediate effect.

Tui supplements are the same but they don't kick in until March 4, when they will be added to all new bookings.

Thomas Cook UK and Ireland mainstream chief executive Ian Ailles, said: "We've worked hard to keep the impact of the rising fuel costs on our holidaymakers to a minimum but the fuel levy is an unavoidable result of the rising price of oil."

With permission from Travelmole
oil prices dropped backed today and TUI share price rose over 4%......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.