Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Personally I would prefer to stay in Fuengirola as I prefer the beaches and also shopping is better. There are lots of lovely new trendy bars/restaurants around 'fish alley' and lots of late bars/discos.

However, Benalmadena marina is a great place for a night out, lovely restaurants/bars, loads going on and lots of 'talent'. Tee hee.

It would be ideal if you could party in both places. It's only approx 15 mins drive in a taxi from Fuengirola to Benalmadena marina so perhaps you could have the best of both worlds. :D
Sounds like an ideal solution - if its 15min in taxi it wouldnt be too much between 4 of us.

Ive heard the "square" in benamadena (however you spell it!!) is supposed to be good - do you reckon a night there, a night around the marina and a night in Fuengarola (please ignore my bad spelling - may just go to ibiza as its easier to spell!! :lol: )
You can walk from 24 hour square in Benalmadena down to the marina, it's not far at all.

The marina is obviously more upmarket than the square which can often be a bit tacky.

However, you certainly wont struggle to have a good time in either.
Hi Scalder

Have you read the resort reports for CDS HERE?

They may help you choose :wink:

Pippy :D
Hello,

I was in Benal for a night during a weeks hol last September and athough I was not expecting much from 24hr square, I have to say I was dissapointed with it.
There were literally 6 bars opposite each other, I much prefered Fuengirola for the nightlife,
As a 33 year old myself I'd opt for Fuengirola as your place to stay.
It's got loads of bars/restaurants and the buses from Fuengirola to Benalmadina run every 30 mins and will only cost you and your mates 1 euro each way therefore you can mix and match your nights out.
Once you're there try and stick to buses as opposed to taxi's as the public transport is excellent and more important it gives you more money to spend on drinks.
P.s the last bus back from Benalmadina to Fuengirola is around 4/5 ish in the morning so if you don't pull you can still save money :O)
:D Hi I'd definately recommend Fuengriola (Spelling?), went to benalmadena in june for 2 weeks, the nightlife there was rubbish. Yes there are plenty of bars, which is ok if you want a quiet drink,(and no entertainment!). The 24 hour square is a total waste of time , in my opinion really grotty, like another HT member said there are about 6 bars, all cramped together, with different types of music blasting out. It did my head in (Don't mind loud music, but when 6 different types of music are blasting out, it get's a bit much!). The only decent bar we came across (Unfortunately on our last night, - always the case isn't it!), was busby's, which had a few good acts on. Did go into Fuengriola one night, and found it much better, and it wasn't as expensive as benalmadena. Let us know where you decide upon. Regards, BBB
we had a great holiday,in belamadena,last september.
but in fairness,it was me,hubby & our grandaughter,who was 4,at the time,so we weren't looking,for fantastic nightlife.
if i had been on,a girls holiday,then my perspective,wouldv'e been totally different.i honestly don't think,you would be happy,with the nightlife,it will be too low key,for you all.
take everyones advice & opt for fuengirola.at least you can,jump the bus,to belamadena,if you want to take a look,at what it has to offer!
tracy
The truth is, it all depends upon exactly what you are looking for in a holiday.

Every two years, I go on a golfing trip with a bunch of lads, around 12 - 14 of us, with ages ranging from 21 - 53. We have been to Fuengirola three times, Magaluf once and, last September, we went to Benalmadena.

Without exception, every one of us has voted to go back to Benalmadena next time.

Although I agree that the beaches are far superior in Fuengirola, that is not what we are looking for in a resort. We spent our night between Bonanza Square, where were were staying, 24-hour Square and the Marina.

Nights out at the marina are expensive, so we were selective with the time we spent there. However, I found Bonanza and 24-hour Squares to be cheaper than Fuengirola.

As I said, it's all down to what you are looking for. We felt that Benalmadena catered better for our wide ranging age groups than either Fuengirola or Magaluf.
For a bunch of lads on a boozy, golfy holiday, perhaps Benalmadena would me more up their street.

:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.