Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Should be about 20 euros to Benalmadena, and around 25 euros to Fuengorola.

However don't assume this and jump into the taxi or you will be fleeced.

Agree your price before you get in the taxi, if you are asked too much move to the next taxi in the rank and ask again. You will be surprised how much less it will then become.

As a guide look for the brown notice board outside arrivals it is brown and lists the Taxi fares to different destinations.

Tony.
Can confirm its 20 euros to Benalmadena from airport.Paid this in Feb.4 people with luggage
So it was not a problem having 4 in one taxi? we are going in july and was not sure if they would let 4 in one taxi and luggage.
Why bother wth taxi its only approx 2 euros by train
Possibly cheaper than that Janmet,but not practical most of the time.Fancy dragging your luggage from Torremolinos station to Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel.Arroyo station to the Bali.Or from Fuengirola underground station to the Las Palmeras hotel :roll: http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index.html
We got the train from the airport last Christmas. No trouble with one trolley case and two small bags, Total cost 2.20 euro. Walked to the El Puerto from Fuengirola Station no problem. Extra two bags coming home (you can probably guess what was in them) cost 26 euro from the cab rank outside Las Palmeras, booked the night before.
some taxis won,t take 4 as there is to much luggage.last month cost me 25euros to benal for 3 people.even tho there is a list in airport with prices this is just a guide line.the taxi is always cheaper going back to airport than comming from as they know you just want to get to your place of residence quickly.ask before getting into cab for rough price that way you can,t be ripped off.train is a good way to save money but peak season and the heat the trains will be packed and with all your luggage ,take it from one who tried it,i felt like throwing my case through the window.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.