Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi carper, we went to los boliches in july last year with our ( then 7yr old ) daughter and we had a fantastic time !!! Their is so much to do for your family, our daughter's favourite time was at tivoli world at benalmadena. We got the train from los boliches to benalmadena and tivoli world is only 5 or 10 mins up the road form the train staition, in july it didn't open until 6 pm which was perfect as it would have been too hot during the day.
Its a brilliant theme park, suited for all ages and we just got the train back about 11 pm.
We enjoyed an afternoon at fuengirola zoo too, but you can get round it in a couple or 3 hours.
The beaches in fuengirola are brilliant, some of the best I've seen in a lot of places I've been to, over 7km of lovely sand with kids play areas dotted around too and beach gyms !!
The water park is also great, a really nice day out.
We caught the train a lot really as it stops off at various little stops as well as the usual resorts and is soooo cheap ! great way of seing little towns if you don't hire a car.
Sorry, I forget half of where we went as it was six months ago, but it was definately one of our favourite holidays !!!
Anything I can help with , just ask away !
cheers,
juby
thanks for the reply sounds like you had a busy time.
looking forward to it.
The Ronda 4 is fine ive stayed there several times and enjoyed each visit. I tend to normally just use local spanish bars and restauraunts of which there are plenty off the front. Two local english bars to the ronda 4 is cheers which is about 100 yds on the front turning left out of the hotel, very friendly and generous portions, the other about 30 yds turning right is the only fools and horses bar, they have quiz nights, bingo, etc. Its well worth hiring a car as well, you can visit quite a few interesting places such as Ronda, Cacares, the old part of Marbella, Puerto Banus, Benahavis, and Mijas. Theres loads to do and places to visit.
Thanks Colin, very likely to be hiring a car from malaga cars, emailed them about fuel and they replied you only pay for half a tank. I fancy visiting a few of the other resorts for a nosey round and maybe gibralta.

Looking forward to fuengirola sounds perfect for us, we love benidorm around the old town and the beautiful seafront and this looks similar with probably less tacky areas?

We are off to lanzarote in a few weeks but been there a few times before so cant get that excited. Roll on May.
You can always cycle to Mijas if you have a bike with you & feel very energetic.

Very very tough though & i do about 6000 miles per year. About 5 miles of torture to Mijas but once in the village some great views back to to the sea.

Took nearly an hour to get up but about 10 mins coming down.
Hi All..I've just book for the Ronda IV leaving 22nd May

Could anyone tell me the best way to get there from the airport? Either the cost of a taxi or maybe even a train!

cheers
I always use the train if not hiring a car, they run every 30 mins and the ronda 1V is about a 10 min stroll from los boliches station. Not sure of the fare think it was just about 2 euros or just under.
Thanks for replying

Having never been before could you advise me on how to get to los Boliches station and then on to Ronda? is the station clearly signposted? could I get on the train going in the wrong direction?

cheers
Hi
The trains only run a service from Malaga to Fuengirola- Fuengirola to Malaga, from the airport take the train towards fuengirola, its marked clearly on the front of the train. Theres an automatic ticket machine that gives change of notes to purchase your tickets. On the train theres a recorded message in spanish and english telling you what the next station is as well as an electronic sign displaying the next station so you cant go wrong. When you get to los boliches station you go down the steps/ramp, turn right towards the sea front and you find yourself in the square with the large statue on a column, with this behind you turn left along the promanade and the Ronda1V is a gentle 10 minute stroll on the left just after the fools and horses bar. Ive stayed here several times and never had a bad experiance im sure you will have a great time.
Had a great holiday for 10 nights came back friday. Quick summary of good and bad.
Ronda 4 was perfect for us, we had a large 2 bed apartment on 3rd floor with balcony directly looking over the sea. Lovely! Pool was great the kids loved it. The shallow secton was ideal for my 4 year old too. Pool area in full sun and was scorching hot 30+
Used cheers bars one night and food was good. Best restaurants, EL Rio in Los Boliches, the steaks were as good as they get as was the fish, we ate there 3 times, good value, highly recommended. Next best Sandpipers on the seafront near the Yaramar, also ate there 3 nights, Antony the waiter very entertaining!
Food and drink i thought was much cheaper than Lanzarote was in Feb. Saw a pint carling extra cold for 2E on the front. Few bars doing a pint a euro but average 2.5E. We drank every night in Kellys bar in the pretty back street that has all the bars on in Los Boliches. Very nice Dutch couple Monic and Nico, top spot and cheap prices.
Went to the ZOO in Fuenga and its beautiful, well worth a trip.

Down side - Lucky lucky men in their hundreds, one every 5 minutes sat o/s a bar but not persistant and a firm No saw them move quickly on.
Down by the marina in Fuengarola I thought it was run down and scruffy and there were drug pushers about. We had a look once and didnt go back down that end.

All in all Los Boliches beautiful and spotless., Fuengarola central needs a spruce up

Visited Benalmadena, lovely around the Marina, Mijas beatiful mountain villlage. Peurta Banus, worth a lunch to see the boats, Nerja, pleasant but wouldnt stay there.

Malagacars.com spot on service would use again fr car hire.

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.