Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Carol. I guess El Puerto, the PYR, the Florida Spa, Las Palmeras and Villa de Laredo fall into that category. Las Piramides is a bit further out, away from the busy port area, where most of the "biz" is.
On the Los Boliches side, and right on the beach, you have the Yaramar and the Confortel to consider. See link.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um=1&q=hotels&near=Fuengirola,+Espa%C3%B1a&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
Thank you so much for that. Very helpful. I think we will go for the El Puerto, but do you know anything about the Stella Maris??
Stella Maris? Not an hotel, but self-catering apartments. In a nice part of town, Los Boliches. Yes, my sister-in-law stayed there last year and had warm praise for her accommodation. That said, she later was a guest up the road at La Jabega, and, if pressed, would admit she preferred her time there.
If I recall, most of that was down to her studio flat being quite a bit bigger than the one at Stella Maris.
See my review of the Stella Maris in the Review section. We have been twice to the El Puerto and are going again for the Christmas this year. Also in the Review section. We are going back because of the location and have been told there is a new chef. mick66
Does anyone know of the location of The Fuengirola Park and is is close to the beach and centre of Fuengirola

Many thanks
Hi again, Carol. Fuengirola Park is in Torreblanca, just down the hill from the railway station and Hotel Torreblanca. It's close to the beach, say 100 yards away, but a very busy road has to be negotiated first (the choice of underpass, pedestrian bridge and traffic lights smooth the way).
The centre of Fuengirola is a long way off (at least a mile-and-a-half), although the Torreblanca area is well served by bars and restaurants. The nearest good-sized supermarket is the Supercor, on the ground floor of El Corte Ingles department store in Los Boliches.
There is a decent bar near Fuengirola Park reception, the Rovers Return, which combines good measures and decent prices with friendly service.
Thank you for this info. Tony
I could not get booked for El Puerto, so have opted for the Las Rampas. My choices were limited at this late stage. It must be a very busy place at this this time of year. (Go at end of Sep). The Las Rampas has very good reviews. Have you stayed there? Hope it will be Ok.
Hi, we're thinking of booking La Jabego fuengerola for easter next year. Can anyone tell me how far from Malaga airport they are please and the aprox price of a taxi. Also will the weather be pleasant at the end of March? thanks
about 15 mins in a cab, and I recently paid 32 euros from Los Boliches to the airport. If you want to save a few bob do as usually we do and get the train.
The Las Rampas hotel is in an excellent location in Fuengirola. It is about as central as you get. Rooms are nice but the views are limited. Very friendly staff.

It is built above a Dunns store which people say is the Spanish Marks & Spencers!! Very close to bus and train station, taxi rank, the beach, great tapas bars and great shops!!

Enjoy your trip, it is a great place to holiday if you know how to enjoy yourself. If you can't speak Spanish then buy yourself a little phrase book which is like a childs book with pictures and phrases, you will be amazed at how much more friendly the lovely Spanish people are if you make an effort.

Enjoy your trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.