Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Bump ... anybody out there? :hmmm
Try Sol d'ajuda just up the road at the side of the Monumental Lido. Their 'Steak on the stone' is to die for.
Thanks, Maureen. We'll check it out when we're there.
would like to try this restaurant, we are going to the cliff bay next week is it near there? thanks.
I think the Cliff Bay is near the Savoy. If so you will need to walk further out of town to the Lido area. The Monumental Lido hotel is on the main road above the Lido. There is a bus stop right outside and I think it is the last stop of zone two. There is a Strawberry World tour office by their entrance. This will be on the right hand side pavement. Walk up the road at the side of the hotel. (They were building an extension when we were there in Nov.) It will be on the left as you walk up. Not a huge place but was always busy which is usually a good sign. Hope you can understand my directions. I am sure if you get to the Lido someone can direct you from there. There is also a shop in the same street where you can buy bus tickets cheaper than on the bus. It sells booze and cigs etc and I think it is called Joes.
thanks alot, we have been before, last year, so i think we should be able to find it from your directions. thanks, nic.
It will be worth looking for. The garlic sauce and garlic butter that come in little pots with the steak is superb!! I can almost taste it now.
Theres a number of reasonably priced restaurants in the Old town part of Funchal near the cable car station...its a pedestrianised area with a choice of restaurant types...Madeiran, Chinese etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.