Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The area your staying in is great, some lovely places to eat and spend time at. You must try the River View restaurant and go on a boat trip. Either Julio's who you will find on the road downside the Hatthi Mahal hotel or Bettys, both are great fun days out. Gaffino's im probably not the best person to comment as we haven't stayed there but we did eat in there once. Shan't be going in there again this year.

You have picked a lovely area, the beach is beautiful. Have fun and enjoy :tup
Morning Sunny :wave:
Not long now, :clap I am sure you will be fine at Gaffinoes the staff are really good
and the food is lovely and very reasnable,we often go in there for a drink and
see the lads,you can tell me what you think on the 20th if we dont bump into you before that ,It is only a
small village and you always see the same people all the time SEE YOU SOON cant wait :cheers
Pat :cheers
Hi :wave: Thanks for the info i forgot to say that we have eaten there but not stayed there. but like you said sure we will be ok :tup
if not will just sleep under the stars. :rofl
see you soon Pat!! :cheers
Sunny
:sun2
Hi Sunny,
If you have already been to Gaffino's you will know his food is very good and the place is very clean as for the bedrooms we once booked in but when we saw how basic they where we decided to stay at his other hotel Mobor Beach which in those day's was very nice now however standards have dropped and the place is in decline. However there are lots of other people who love the guest house and at the end of the day it is personal choice hope you enjoy your stay in at Gaffino's and Cavellosim
tush
We stayed at Gaffinos in February for one night when we were scootering around the south. We found the rooms very spacious and clean if a little tired. To be honest for what we paid £12.00 a night for a room it was faultless. The staff were very pleasant.
Hi tush & Paul-iow
Thanks for your replies. i agree the food was good and it was clean but it was 3yrs ago.
if its that basic we will just have to use it as a base, as long as the beddings clean I'm sure i will cope (hopefully)
if not will try to find somewhere else!!!
it definitely wont stop me having a good time!!! :tup
5 more sleeps :yipee :cheers
Sunny
5 more sleeps - sooo jealous! Please post a review on your return. We are going to Candolim 1/12 but hope to go to Cavelossim Feb/March and have been considering Gaffinos. Our first visit ever to Goa was AI (as we didn't know what to expect) and we stayed at Dona Sylvia (Cavelossim). It was very nice but now, with a couple more years experience B&B under our belt in the North we would like to return to Cavelossim. If room is clean and we can get a good nights sleep we can cope!!!!! Look forward to hearing how you get on.
ps If 'Lonely Place' shack is still there can thoroughly reccommend.
:wave:
Hi Sunny,

Iv'e no doubt the bedding will be spotless, but for us is was just that bit too basic.
However we have been calling in at Gaffino's for meals and drinks for the past 10 years or more and really enjoy it plus the company of other people who are "regulars" and we will continue to do so.
I am sure you will have a fabulous stay there.

Tush
I'm sure i will Tush :cheers
hrh5554 dont want to think about it yet :( but will certainley do a review on our return
thanks for all your replies
3 more sleeps :hols
might go to bed now so it comes quicker :rofl :rofl
sunny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.