Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I didn't stay here but my friend booked a private apt here for 1 week last year. This is a very nice complex, i think that some are privately owned and some are time-share. My friend paid £300 for 10 nights in a private apt it wav very big. Garden city is located above an dbehind the pheasant plucker pub, and near to the san Eugeno area. The complex has 2 pools and a bar area which serves snack bars, it is very clean and large complex although i felt that the pools were a bit small. You would not be dissapointed with this complex. Any other enquires just ask away.
It is in a very good area - central to everywhere like Chris says. Excellent Thai restaurant called The King and I right outside the complex and 10 minutes to centre of town to the left and 5 minutes to St Eugenes bar to the right. Can't ask for more than that
many thanks Paul and Chris for your replies
I stayed here in August, but the timeshare side of it and loved it. The apartments are a decent size and ours was well equipped. However with being timeshare they are regularly maintained and updated. The privately owned appts could be hit and miss, some are maintained beautifully, but one couple were staying in one that was quite grotty.
The complex is great and as was said has 2 pools. The larger one with the pool bar is heated and could get quite busy. The smaller one was less busy but not heated, however once in there a few minutes you didn`t feel the cold (honest!)
There are pool tables and entertainment on at night which was not bad. Karaoke every night and a singer some nights.
Perfecly placed out of town, but near enough all the action with a short walk. There are some lovely restaurants nearby and the supermarket a short walk away. There is a small supermarket on-site which is handy for emergencies, but a lot more expensive than the large one at the shopping complex. We wouldn`t hesitate in going back.
Di.
Hi di, I was wondering is the area at the apartments hilly or flat. Many thanks
There is a slight steep hill for about 60 yards, out of reception down to the main road, but hey this is not a problem for a complex as nice as this, and there is a pub on the way down. Then you reach the main road which leads to the motorway turn right and continue round the bend and you will walk past the very good pheasant plucker pub, and continue to the San Eugino area where the big supermarket is. Come out and turn right then on the bend cross over to the Bouginvilla playa hotel and walk down the hill and you are on the main road to the veronicas area. Come down the hill turn left towards the motorway then cross over the road (not the motorway) walk along this road and it is a short cut towards the same area as veronicas, but this way is flat. there are a few gates in the complex which would lead to other roads in the area but when we were there they were locked, probably for security reasons.
many thanks for your replies. I am heading of on the 30th November. I have been to tenerife many times but not in this area.
As an owner of an private apt in Garden City, I am sure you will like the complex and the area. It is a well maintained complex with roughly half and half timeshare and private apts.

Good Sunday and Thursday roast dinners in the onsite pub "Winning Post" pre booking required for roast dinners after 6pm.

Try Kormacks Bar just to the left of reception, a friendly bar with some good entertainment. Loads of good entertainment bars in this area.

Going ourselves on 3rd Dec, Any other questions please ask. I could rave about the place for ages.
thanks for that information. Really looking forward to going
Hi, This complex opposite the Bouganville Playa. I know it is a mixture of timeshare and private, but can anyone tell me if you can hire safety deposit boxes there ?
Thanks Gordon
Gordon

You dont say if you are staying here

All timeshare apts have a safe you can hire. If going to a privately owned apt check with the owner/agent.
Please could somebody explain where abouts the Garden City Appts. are in Las Americas.

Thanks

Darren
Opposit the Bouganville hotel, above the star bar and pheasant plucker bar. Near to Puerto Colon.

It is a great complex in a fantastic location.

http://www.eursol.com have a map if that helps.
these apartments are in San Eugenio, and as someone said opposite the Bouganville or next to the Hospital, nice apartments by the way.
Hello everybody.
Got back yesterday morning from Garden City. The apartment was ok if a little small but the complex is nice as I was told here on the forum. The weather was as good as I expected. The only downside was we were facing the road opposite the Hotel Bouganville ( and the roadworks). lets just say we didnt need an alarm clock! I would recommend Marios, Rossini,s and The Blue Marlin( down by La Pinta beach) for an evening meal and we had our best breakfast at The Marfil restaurant just below our apartment.The Pheasant Plucker is nice for a cheap afternoon beer or two, but didnt much care for the compere there at night, he was very arrogant and insulting to the older people in the bar, unlike Mike Carlton at St. Eugins who can have a laugh with you without being offensive. All in all a good holiday and will definately go back to PDLA next year, maybe the same place but we come back on here to ask for recommendations before we book.
Cheers!
Hi Helen
I did tell you that you would like Garden City it is a nice complex in a nice area. Sorry that your apts was overlooking the roadworks.

As for the pheasant plucker

The Pheasant Plucker is nice for a cheap afternoon beer or two, but didnt much care for the compere there at night, he was very arrogant and insulting to the older people in the bar,

I to stated this after my visit last march in my review. We usually love this bar, but last march we visited and the compere was disgusting, and like you said insulting to people. So much that families were getting up and leaving. One of the members of our gang told him what they thought of him.

My parents went in last week and they didn't like it.

Now as for San Euginos we that is a brill bar and like you said mike is brill.
can anybody tell me if a tour operator uses these apartments or is it all self bookings.
we ilke the location of this complex ideal but have stayed up near the waterpark the last 3 years .
bit scared of booking a flight and accomodation seperate ???
hows the best way to get a contact for this complex
Don't they have the quiz anymore at the Pheasant Plucker? Last year we won the quiz one night and on my way up the compere said 'watch this she'll try to zip up her top' as I had on a zip cardi with a reasonably low cut top underneath. Funnily enough I had tried to do so, but couldn't do it discreetly and left it. He also said something else rude like did I have a bit of geordie in me and did I want a bit of geordie in me....eek. (he was a geordie). I was rather embarrassed. Don't they realise that this type of patter actually puts people off - particularly as it can have a very mixed aged crowd - I've seen pensioners in there in the winter!
Don't they realise that this type of patter actually puts people off

And that is the reson why we no longer go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.