Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
The bar and entertainment at Garden City is by the pool and it can be a bit noisy especially at night.
Depends what time the kids go to bed, just thinking of them getting off to sleep.
The last time I stayed at Santiago 11 it was relatively quiet, both areas have plently of night life and restaurants.
Garden City a bit further to the beach but still only 7/8 minutes.
It would be good to hear from someone else who has stayed at both.
Rodz
hya, don't know anything about garden city, but we have stayed at ps2 twice ( that says a lot !)

you can't go wrong with this complex, most, if not all on parque santiago 2 are privately owned, and the owners won't take bookings from groups, only couples and families, so , as a complex, has a great, family oriented atmosphere.
also, there is no entertainment at this complex, so its a great walk out at night, very central.
we never heard any noise later on either, even though its right next door to the 'patch'.
hope I've been some help, if you need any more info, please feel free to p.m me.
cheers,
juby
I stayed at Garden City last year in a privately owned apartment, the apartment was the pits, it was dirty and outdated and our friends apartment (same owner) was a disgrace and the owner admitted it had not been cleand since previous occupants had left 5 !!! weeks previous. I know people who stay there all the time and I would return but not to the same apartment. The bar area is fine and the drinks are good measures, they have caberet 6 nights per week along with quizzes. The food sold there is mainly English, and the pool area does get quite busy. This year we stayed at Club Atlantis again privately owned (fabulous). this complex though it has a great pool there is no entertainment and the pool bar closes at 6.00pm
It was only about £35 dearer than Garden City but we had fabulous sea views (lovely at night with a bottle of wine), a well furnished 1 bedroom apartment, complete with walk in shower, fridge-freezer, washing machine in fact all the mod cons. The pool area is far superior to Garden City it's spotless and although you cannot get a sunbed till 10am no matter what time of day you got there you would always get a sunbed. :cheers
I paid £265 for a studio on Club Atlantis four years ago which I thought was a little expensive, it is far superior to Garden City though.
Rodz
Thanks for the comments. Looking at other site reviews too there seems to be plenty of mention of PSII, but less about Garden City. Seems very much to depend on the apartment you actually get and whether it is privately owned or not.
Now got Club Atlantis thrown into the mix, so even more confused!
my parents have stayed in club atlantis a few times in private apartments. they love it there.
your right tho, it is more down to the individual apartments when they are private.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.