Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm presuming this is a thomson package (riudor is a thomson only hotel I think?).

Have you priced up seperately (eg: Flights with Jet 2, and accomodation with somewheretostay.com) - As the price I think is quite expensive!

We saved about £900 doing the flights and accomodation seperate, we booked the flights (To Alicante for £78 each - jet 2), and the accomodation with thomson £152 each half board for 9 nights staying at the venus. (This is going in september though, so it will prob be more for july) - but it's worth a try, I'm sure you would be able to get cheaper, if you let us know your dates, airport, etc.. I'll have a look for you!

Regards, belly!

(ps forgot to say, benidorm will be ideal for too young 23 yr olds - you couldn't have picked a better place to go!!)
oh great well the dates are departure 20th July and airport is Brimingham (or any midlands if need be). I never booked things seperately.
Have you looked on the firstchoice website... we're going on the 15th july a group of 4 lads, got our hotel for £325 each SC for a week only but it is still cheap! At the Levante Beach Apartments!
If you are looking at paying about £500 for 2 weeks, then I can recommend also the Levante Club Hotel... its very nice, thats also FirstChoice!
Or Rio Park, its a little dearer than the Riudor but not much and its right in the centre of Benidorm!
http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk is First Choice's direct selling site and should be even cheaper.

luci :wave
So sorry- I have just realised it is two weeks, i thought it was one week, - that is why I thought the price was a bit steep, if it is for 2 weeks, and not one, then it is a good price.

I was just going to post to say I had seen a holiday for about £120 cheaper (With cosmos), staying at the palm beach 4*, but after re reading your post, I have just realised it was for 2 weeks! - Sorry!

Regards, belly!
We had a look around the Ruidor a few years ago, it`s a smaller hotel situated in an ideal spot. 5 mins to the beach and if your wanting lively nights out then 5 mins to the square. I thought it looked very nice. We got talking to a couple who were staying there they loved it, they said the food was very good.
..........plus thomsons do not take bookings unless you are 16 or over (Great if you want a child free hotel!)

Belly!
I'm sorry to say that the Riudor has gone downhill on the food front.We were there at new year and the food wasn't anywhere near as good as it was the previous two new years, it seems they have a new chef now and that is the reason for it. We wont be going back until they get a different chef and the food improves.
Hi serena i dont think the ruidor was the only hotel that the food wasnt up to much at new yr .We a family of 26 had the same problem and we didnt all stay in the same hotel . So many in ambassador,the orange,calypso,helios and we felt the same.In saying that we found something to eat but what our family found that during the summer there was more choices than winter .Ive stayed in the ruidor and thought it was ok but that was over a year ago i thought then it caters more for the british .But all in all its in a great location nice and clean and if i was getting it for that price for 2wks id take it because you are paying same kinda prices for self catering .......cheers mazza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.