Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Just wanted to add. With espis you can book for any day of the week and we where in one of the twin blocks. Their prices are in euros. Take a look to compare them with others; http://www.espis.net/84/Gemelos_22
Just returned from these apartment and can recommend these, very clean and in a good place, will book again this year for these
stayed in Gemelos 22 few years ago - couldnt complain about them - the place that looked after them was at the other end of the new town and a bit of a trek - we had a nightmare as they only gave one set of keys and we lost them on 1st night!! had to then spend night sleeping at entrance to them and then pay 200 euro for a locksmith to come and change the keys!!
Just make sure you get extra keys!!!
great location though - close enough to walk to places but far enough out for piece and quiet
the place that looked after them was at the other end of the new town and a bit of a trek - we had a nightmare as they only gave one set of keys and we lost them on 1st night!! had to then spend night sleeping at entrance to them and then pay 200 euro for a locksmith to come and change the keys!!
Just make sure you get extra keys!!!

i understand where your coming from,

we booked two apartments, but for some reason we had to pick one set of keys up from old town for one of the apartments, and the other apartment keys were waiting with someone when we arrived at the Gemelos 22,, we did get two sets of keys each though, and we did have hire cars for the fortnight, so i guess it can be a trek on foot there and back or an added taxi cost to the holiday if you have no vehicle.

but overall had no problems with these..
Hi
Just got back and wanted to precis info on these apartments. A lot of them are owned by Siroco, the Dutch Company. Tale is they wanted to buy them all but missed out. They will only book Saturday to Saturday and flights out of Birmingham don't come cheap. Better deal we found with Monarch going Wednesday to Wednesday. Booked for two weeks with Hotelopia. Yes, had to pick the keys up from Avd. Madrid, and it was a bit of hassle, especially as we came in on the bus from Airport to Avd. Europa. Good deal though and we had our deposit refunded the day before we left, being told to leave the keys on the table and shut the door. But, because these apartments are in multi-ownership can never guarantee the standard - only to say think as they were only built in 2001 (I think) pretty well assured for the moment. Thoroughly recommended for the dedicated self caterer. Oh, and we insisted on Towers (Torres) 1 or 2 overlooking the pool. Tower 3 overlooks the street, and looks pretty well deserted. Anybody want to know, can give you chapter and verse as this was our second fortnight there and we will certainly go again.
Hi Brindseypuss ... perhaps you might also like to update our GEMELOS 22 (XXII) reviews page when you have some time.

David :wave
Hi Mod
Good to see you up and at it.
Will do so in couple of minutes (Just need to replenish my wine glass and tear myself away from Holland v. France fottie my parner is riveted to) Commentator just said 'who said international football was boring'? ......................... Depends how long the match lasts. Might end up writing a tome telling everyone how many paving slabs and steps there are.
Regards
If you haven't done it already, I would suggest typing it out in Word or similar first especially if it is a long review. We occasionally get hiccups with the review site and people have lost long reviews when they have tried to submit them.

luci :wave
Hi Luci, and thanks for the tip. Well the match didn't go on that long, but once got going, got it done. Can I just say I love Holiday-Truth it has so much better participation thanTrip Advisor - probably due to having, more, better moderators who interact with members.
Regards
Thanks for the compliment. We were all members who loved holidays long before we became moderators so we know the kind of information members are looking for and like to assist where we can. Sometimes our decisions aren't popular, but they are always made for the good of the site and it's members.

I hope you stick around to share information with other members.

luci :wave
Hi all
i noticed folk were saying these (gemelos 22) were only bookable from Sat to Sat, well this is not true as i have booked from a wednesday to a friday the week after. (9 nights)

hope this helps
Hi Guys

I can give you chapter and verse on this one. Fact is the apartments Gemelos XX11 (22) are in multi ownership. Depends who you book through what day of the week they accept. Siroco, the Dutch Company own quite a few and work Saturday to Saturday as this is the norm in Holland. They will take mid-week bookings, but charge extra. We have stayed there with Siroco, and also with Hotelopia who will let you book mid-week at the standard rate. The DIY holiday means you have to get the cheapest flight you can, and from Birmingham this is definitely not weekends. I think Go2spain also offer bookings other than Saturday to Saturday, so there are probably others acting on behalf of the respective owners. For the dedicated self caterer, these apartment are excellent, but are beginning to show the first signs of wear and tear. For the moment, we are sticking with Gemelos XXII for our twice yearly visit. We always stipulate Torre's 1 or 2, as the third tower looks a little inhospitable, overlookig the street rather than the pools and lovely gardens. Anyhone stayed in Toore 3, would be interested to hear your opinion.
Just a reminder that go2spain haved ceased trading!

Best Regards - Taggy
We stayed in tower three last year and the apartment was lovely, it made no difference that we were not overlooking the pool or anything as we were on the main street to get out and about.

Nothing is standard in these apartments because as they're multi-owned they can be very different and I recall a member on here who was not impressed at all with the apartment she got.

I personally would prefer to stay in another part rather than Levante hence why I have booked elsewhere this year. I have also been reading some reports of break-ins within the Gemelos which would put me off staying there somewhat.
Can anyone tell me exactly were theese apartments are situated cheers mazza
Hi Mazza, they are more or less facing the Regente Hotel , going up from the indoor market, in the direction of the Melia hotel.

Sue :)
hi mazza

we are staying in these apartments in october (block 3) and have already had a look at them and they look great.

Block 3 sits straight across from the mad munk pub and next door to o'leary's bar the other 2 blocks are 1 street back.

caz :cheers
Hi again!

Well i have now booked these apartments and have a couple of questions!

I cant seem to see that they have a pool bar at the hotel, is this true? If they dont, are you able to take your own drinks around the pool area?

Also we have booked with Great Late Deals (Travel Republic) and i am a bit confused as to where we would pick our keys up from? Does anybody know? From what i have read it seems that people have to travel quite far to pick up their keys which is a bit of a nightmare with suitcases etc!!

Anyway any feedback or help with these paratments would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.