Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Alcudia is split into 3/4 parts, The port quite chic with plenty of resturants and some upmarket shops.
Old town - Market held on Tuesday and Sunday morning.
Bellevue area - long street leading from the complex to the beach, mainly touristy shops.
Playa de Muro a mixture of shops and resturants.

The beach is very wide and stetches from the port area all the wat to Can picafort.
I love Alcudia but havent been for a few years as I now have the cruising bug.

HTH
Biff
Hi Ian

There are a few companies who do the pirates trip by coach and you can book them in resort. There is also a waterpark which is good fun - not as big as the one in magaluf, but we enjoyed it.

Have a great time.

Sarah
Hiya
The water park is closed at the moment, it normally opens at the beginning of May.
The Golden mile as they call it leads from the Bellevue until the beach, the shops are the normal touristy ones along the strip, if you go into the Port of Alcudia you will see that there are lots of normal shops and restaurants.
depending on where you are staying, taxis are quite cheap to get around.
I would suggest that you arrange an evening out if you can afford it to either Pirates or Son Amar depending on your ages. They are evening shows including dinner etc, the prices are very good if you were to compare it with a west end show in London.
If you are by the bellevue then you must go to see the Alcudia pancake man, he is so famous, have a look at him on you tube and you will not be disappointed!! His pancakes are lovely!
There is a fab restaurant in the port called " La Villa" it is in front of the taxi rank, it is the best chinese in the area, there is a Spanish lad in there called John and he is half Brit as well.
The beaches are nice, don't forget to go to the big supermarkets such as Eroski - Syp or Mercadona as these are so much cheaper than the little spars and corner shops, they can charge you up to 3 times as much for the same bottle of water.
Don't forget to bring mosi spray, they are really bad here at this time of year, if you use the plug ins then they are more effective, get a spray or cream for the skin.
Hope that you have a good time.
P.S there are plenty of pubs and bars and dont forget to try a local ensai,ada, they are pastries with the coffee and are lovely.
are the mosquitoes all over alcudia or only in certain parts?

how does alcudia compare in size to benidorm?
Ian, Mosquitoes are not a problem in the port area or the old town, but around the Bellevue area they can be - are. Much of Port Alcudia is basically reclaimed waterlands - the Albufera which is still there in Playa de Muro - and the lakes and canals are where you get the mozzies. Never been to Benidorm, but Alcudia is well spread out. As Biff says, there are different parts to the town - from the very quiet to the very buzzing.

Pirates and other excursions across the island are easily available either from tour operators or independent excursion companies. No need for a car.
I went to aclcudia last may the weather wasnt so good but still warm enough for the beach the beach is ideal for kids as the water is so shallow loved the beach we stayed in playadel muro which i found a bit boring as i only seen one pub and there was only a few shops would go back to a diffrent part :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.