Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Genuine or not
19 Posts
Not been asked by anyone for passport information .Never heard of it being asked so if i was you i would enquire this fully before doing anything cheers mazza
Hi nuttynet ... you should provide this as part of the Advance Passenger Information (API) requirement for Spain which was introduced in 2007, and for a growing number of other countries this year. It is usually collected during the booking process, so just be careful to ensure that the email you have received is genuine.

For more info and discussion on API for Spain, please click here.

David :wave
Yes, I was asked for it for my flight with easyjet in october.
Ive definately been providing this information online when ive booked my flights for the last 12 months or so. As David says, the airlines themselves usually ask for you to provide it either during the booking process, or to provide them with it at a later stage. You can do this usually by going to the "manage your booking" section or similar, depending on who you book with. If you are concerned about the email, dont do it via the email link, go directly to the site you used, go to your booking, and input the Passport info that way!

Best Regards - Taggy
we provide it when we fly with ryanair.
I also had to provide it with my latest booking with Jet2. It can be provided any time up to the day of departure if I remember right. Failure to give this info could result in you not being able to travel on that flight.
The way I understood it was that you only have to provide that information if you are booking in online with Jet 2 otherwise you can wait until you arrive at the airport check in but I could be wrong.

Sue :)
We've had to provide this information for our flights to Spain with Ryanair and BMI Baby. Ryanair asked me to provide details straight after booking, but BMI sent me an email requesting this info last week (we booked the flights last November! :think ).

Like previous posts have said, don't go through the link. Go onto the website and 'my bookings' and amend from there.

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
SUE ALLEN wrote:
The way I understood it was that you only have to provide that information if you are booking in online with Jet 2 otherwise you can wait until you arrive at the airport check in but I could be wrong.

Hi Sue, when I booked I got an email for the info on passports, when I went to my booking to put the info on there, it said info had to be given no later than 2 hours before check-in, and that's where it said you may not be able to travel. Maybe that meant if there was a problem with names or such, I don't know..... :think Linda x
Hi,

Different airlines operate different policies, certain airlines such as Thomas Cook, Thomson Airways & Monarch will collect the information at the check in desk. (unless doing online check in)

Other airlines such as Ryanair require all passengers to provide this information in advance.

https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/FRRetrieveAPIS.aspx?culture=EN-GB&lc=EN-GB

I think the best thing to do is go to the website of the airline you have booked with (not by using any link posted on the email) and go to the manage my booking section and follow the online instructions. (as mentioned by Taggy above)

Ryanair always email prior to flights if this information has not been supplied but I don't know the procedure with other airlines.

PS: Why does the filter not like the word scam s c a m??????

Have a good holiday
Mark.
Definitely genuine if it's the airline asking for info. The have had to have this info for some time now. If you book through a third party, you usually give them the same info. Home address, (? not sure if that's compulsory.) Passport Number (definite) contact info if different from main info.

Really, don't worry. They only ask for basic personal info. I have never had a problem with Spanish immigration, and I usually go to Spain once a month.

Hope that helps a bit.
Same here. I've recently flew to Spain with Ryanair and have booked to fly Monday with Jet2 each time I had to give the info on all passengers in my booking.
i fly with globespan , but havent heard anything from them , should i phone them ?
Hi tartanscone ... according to their website, Flyglobespan collect API details during check-in.

hi all does anybody know if i will have to provide these details flying with aer lingus am flying from dublin in september thanks in advance
If you are flying from Ireland to Spain you will have to provide passport details.
I will close this topic now to prevent further duplication, but if anyone has any more questions about API, then please feel free to post in our Advance Passenger Information for Spain topic.

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.